Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Former affiliation(s)||Stonemasons' Guild|
City Hall, Cathedral Square, Stormwind City (Azeroth) |
Town Hall, Lunarfall (Draenor)
In his childhood, Baros lived and worked on the Alexston Farmstead in Westfall. At some point his family's home was burned down and taken over by thieves. Baros's father was unable to save all their possessions, so he hid many away on the farm.
Baros eventually became a member of the Stonemasons Guild, where he worked with Edwin VanCleef, their main project being to rebuild Stormwind City after its destruction in the First War. Through years of work, the Guild completed the reconstruction of the city. Following a refusal by the Stormwind House of Nobles to compensate the Stonemasons as agreed, Edwin VanCleef (who had been elected Guildmaster) spoke out, demanding full restitution for their works. In response, the House of Nobles ordered the Stonemasons' Guild disbanded, leading to riots. VanCleef eventually led the Stonemasons out of the city in rebellion. It was at this time that Baros was offered the position of city architect if he did not join with VanCleef. Owing of certain ideological differences with the Guild, Baros chose to accept the offer.
World of Warcraft and the Cataclysm era
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
Baros's father told his son that he hid the family possessions. Baros eventually asked the adventurers of the Alliance to go to his former house and to find them, his first compass among them. He was also involved in the events leading to the exposing of Gregor Lescovar's betrayal.
Still working as chief architect in Stormwind, he hired Foreman Wick and the Royal Stonecutter's Guild under Mason Goldgild to remove a wall of Stormwind's Canals using explosives, and to build the gatehouse and road leading down into Stormwind Harbor. Later, Baros ordered the two to recover and repair Danath Trollbane's statue in the Valley of Heroes, in the wake of the Cataclysm.
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content related to Warlords of Draenor.
During the early stages of the war against the Iron Horde in Draenor, Baros was summoned by Khadgar to build Lunarfall, an Alliance garrison situated in Shadowmoon Valley. He expressed his eagerness to claim the land for the Alliance.
Following this, Baros served as chief architect of the settlement for its commander, remarking on his previous work in rebuilding Stormwind City and stating that building Lunarfall would be "a walk in the park". Baros, however, soon found himself overwhelmed with the many stresses of managing the garrison. He is subsequently revealed to have a love interest in Lieutenant Thorn and often speaks fondly of her to the commander.
When the Burning Blade eventually attacked Lunarfall to retrieve the , Baros courageously threw himself in the way of a blade meant for Lieutenant Thorn, saving her, but costing him his life. Thorn is distraught over Baros's death (so much so that it is implied she will never revert from her worgen form again) and laments their lack of time spent together, but resolves to continue on in his memory.
- Shadowmoon Valley
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- At your service, commander.
- Have you seen Brightstone? My latest assistant is more than a handful.
- She does everything to the extreme - drinking, talking, rushing from one task to another...
- She is a damn fine architect though, and probably the brightest student I've ever had.
- I'll give her that.
- Garrison established
- Lieutenant Thorn is a shining example to us all. Never have I seen such a dedicated leader.
- I haven't worked up the courage to speak to her, but perhaps someday, she will know my name.
- Tell me, commander, what do you think of Lieutenant Thorn? Whenever she's around, I get so flustered.
- I'm just... not really good with women. Which she is an exceptional example of. A woman, that is. Although she is also a worgen. Which I also like. Oh, that long, silky fur...
- Hello, Commander.
- Orders, Commander?
- What do you need?
- My men are standing ready.
- Just say the word, Commander.
- Ahhh, I uh... <clears throat> hope you intend to pay the stonemasons for this work. That uh, didn't turn out so well last time.
- On it.
- For the Alliance!
- I'll call in a few favors.
- We'll get it done.
- We got a lot of work to do.
- Possibly a reference to motorcycle racer Alex Barros.
- Baros is voiced by Jim Pirri.