|Level: 50 - 52|
Kyrestia the Firstborne|
Chyrus <Paragon of Humility>
Devos <Paragon of Loyalty>
Thenios <Paragon of Wisdom>
Vesiphone <Paragon of Purity>
Xandria <Paragon of Courage>
Temple of Purity
Temple of Courage
Vestibule of Eternity|
|Affiliation||Kyrian Covenant, Forsworn, House of Rituals|
|PvP status||Contested territory|
Souls naturally drawn to service are sent here by the Arbiter to examine their lives, cleanse themselves of their burdens, and work toward a state of virtue so they might ascend to serve the Shadowlands as kyrian—messengers, couriers, and some of the purest souls in the realm of the dead. Fresh arrivals to Bastion will become kyrian Aspirants—wingless beings who train for eons to one day earn their wings and join the ranks of the Ascended.
Bastion is the residence of Uther the Lightbringer's spirit.
Those who have lived a life of service are drawn to Bastion to assumed the highest duty of all — carrying the souls to the Shadowlands. Amongst Bastion's gleaming spires and sweeping vistas await challenges to test the mettle of the steadfast kyrians.
Bastion is a beacon for those who lived a life of service. Souls worthy enough to stand upon its fields soon face challenges in pursuit of their highest calling of all -- sheperding [sic] souls to the Shadowlands. A life of service determines who is worthy to tread upon the golden fields of Bastion. Stalwart commitment to their duties was their goal in life: ascension is their goal thereafter.
Maps and subregions
|Instance name||Level range||Group size||Approximate run time|
|The Necrotic Wake||50 - 60||5|
|Spires of Ascension||5|
|Zone Name||Faction||Level Range||Direction||Access|
|Oribos||Southwest||Entrance at the Vestibule of Eternity|
- Bastion shares some themes with the Greek Elysium (e.g. Elysian Hold), as well as the typical depiction of Christian and some Mughal-period Islamic depictions of Angels, influenced by Hellenic depictions of certain beings and deities such as Thanatos, with regards to the Kyrians. The inspiration of the Elysian Fields of Greek myth was further confirmed Assistant Lead Quest Designer Johnny Cash.
- A section of the northwestern map had the following caves located below the terrain until late beta testing: Bastion Bones Cave, Bastion Crystal Cave, Bastion Lava Cave, Bastion Snow Cave & Bastion Vault
- Denizens of Revendreth are not allowed to enter Bastion via Oribos and must use one of their mirror portals to access it instead. According to Theotar, they may even be killed on sight in Bastion.
- Patch 9.0.2 (2020-11-17): Added.
- ^ a b c Blizzard Entertainment 2019-11-01. Shadowlands Preview: Bastion and the Kyrian Covenant. Retrieved on 2019-11-02.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. Kyrian - Covenants - Shadowlands. Retrieved on 2019-11-02.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2019-11-01. BlizzCon 2019 - World of Warcraft: What's Next. Retrieved on 2019-11-02.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2019-11-01. World of Warcraft: What’s Next Panel Recap. Retrieved on 2019-11-02.
- ^ worldofwarcraft.com - Shadowlands
- ^ The Art of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, pg. 33
- ^ The Art of World of Warcraft: Shadowlands, pg. 43
- ^ https://twitter.com/QuestTheLine/status/1322231094444322816%7C"We can't wait to welcome you into the elysian fields. Go in service!" @QuestTheLine
- ^ Hidden Mirror