Battle of Dazar'alor
|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- For the lore of the raid, see Battle of Dazar'alor (battle).
|Battle of Dazar'alor|
Battle of Dazar'alor, (also referred to as Siege of Zuldazar, Battle of Zuldazar and Assault on Zuldazar) is an upcoming raid in Battle for Azeroth, to be introduced in Tides of Vengeance. The Alliance will assault the city of Dazar'alor, while the Horde will defend it.
Alliance start at the docks and climb the pyramid, eventually fighting King Rastakhan. The Horde will defend the city, starting outside on the far north of the pyramid. They fight towards Rastakhan, which will be the middle of the raid for them. They then fight Alliance forces down towards harbor, ending with Alliance commanders and Jaina on the high seas. During the raid you speak to an NPC to play from the other faction's perspective in the middle or final act.
For ages untold, Dazar'alor has stood at the center of the great and powerful Zandalari empire. Its guards have thwarted numerous attempts on King Rastakhan's life, and it has endured trials both ancient and new. But as war reaches the shores of Zuldazar, the Alliance embarks on a daring gambit to besiege the golden pyramid and sever the Zandalari's bond to the Horde.
The first three bosses are exclusive to each faction. Three bosses are experienced by both factions through flashbacks where they play as members of the opposite faction.
Alliance begin with a naval strike on the docks of Dazar’alor, and the Horde begin the raid by defending against an invasion in the northern jungle of Zuldazar.
Horde characters will transform into soldiers of the opposite faction in the middle act.
The transformations will be the following, and the adventurers will even use the racials associated to their new form:
- Blood elf: Most blood elf players will transform into humans, while demon hunters will become night elves.
- Goblin: Goblin heroes will transform into gnomes, except for hunters and shaman, who will become dwarves.
- Orc: These players will transform to dwarves.
- Pandaren: Pandaren will stay as pandaren.
- Tauren: Most tauren will turn into draenei, while tauren druids will become night elves.
- Troll: Trolls will mostly transform into night elves; troll shaman will become draenei, and warlocks will become human.
- Undead: These players will transform into humans.
Alliance characters will transform into soldiers of the opposite faction in the final act.
The transformations will this time be the following:
- Draenei: These players will transform into tauren, save for mages, who will become orcs.
- Dwarf: Most dwarves will turn into orcs; paladins will become tauren, priests will become undead.
- Gnome: These players will transform into goblins, except for monks, who will become blood elves.
- Human: Most humans will become undead, but paladins will become blood elves.
- Night elf: Night elf players will transform into trolls, except for demon hunters, who will become blood elves.
- Pandaren: Pandaren will stay as pandaren.
- Worgen: All worgen players will transform into trolls.
Raid Unlock Schedule:
- January 22 – Normal and Heroic Difficulties
- January 29 – Mythic and Raid Finder Wing 1
- February 12 – Raid Finder Wing 2
- February 26 – Raid Finder Wing 3
Normal difficulty or above
- Snow Fun Allowed
- De Lurker Be'loa
- I Got Next!
- We Got Spirit, How About You?
- Walk the Dinosaur
- Praise the Sunflower
- Hidden Dragon
- Barrel of Monkeys
- This raid is unique in that it presents a completely different experience for each faction.
- The raid was originally hinted at through datamining the map called 8.1 - ZuldazarRaid.
- Its placeholder name as seen on the 8.1 PTR dungeon journal was 8.1 Raid. The zone itself was called The Siege of Zuldazar, which was the name it was first announced with in a developer liveblog. In a later PTR build, the zone was changed to The Burning of Zuldazar. In a following developer Q&A, they stated that they may call it Battle of Dazar'alor, which became the final name of the raid.
- Which race of the opposite faction the player becomes in the flashback is the same as in Mercenary Mode.
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Added.
- ^ Adventure Guide Battle for Azeroth raids#Battle of Dazar'alor
- ^ a b Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas
- ^ Developer Live Stream with Ion Hazzikostas
- ^ Appearances, sets tab
- ^ The Assault on Zuldazar
- ^ Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Preview and Schedule
- ^ The Burning of Zuldazar Zone
- ^ The Starting Zone Podcast, Episode #292: Live BlizzCon 2018 Art, Design and Engineering interviews! (minute 31)