Battle of Dazar'alor (battle)
|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- This article is about the lore of the battle. For the page on the raid instance itself, see Battle of Dazar'alor (instance).
|Battle of Dazar'alor|
|Conflict: War in Zandalar, The Blood War|
|Place: Dazar'alor, Zuldazar|
|Outcome: Alliance victory|
|Commanders and leaders|
|template | talk | edit|
The Battle of Dazar'alor was an attack by the Alliance on the capital city of the Zandalari, Zuldazar. Having diverted both the Zandalari and Horde forces away from the capital into the swamps of Nazmir, the Alliance unleashed its forces upon the royal pyramid of Dazar'alor.
After the death of King Rastakhan, the Alliance starts to retreat, with the Horde following them closely. Gelbin Mekkatorque can be seen dueling Jastor Gallywix and ends up winning right before the Horde adventurers arrive. While fighting the adventurers Gelbin ends up being severely wounded and escapes using an escape pod. However the escape pod placed him in suspended animation, and neither Jaina Proudmoore nor Stormwind's priests know how to help him recover from his injuries, while Halford Wyrmbane and Nathanos Blightcaller refer to him as being dead.
The Horde continues forward and destroys the Stormwall Blockade at the Port of Zandalar which was buying time for the retreating Alliance, when Captain Zadari conveniently arrives with a Zandalari battleship so the Horde can continue following the Alliance even at seas. Somewhere in the Great Sea the Horde caught up to Jaina who had stayed behind with a handful of Kul Tiran vessels which ended with a naval battle. Jaina boarded the Zandalari vessel and fought the Horde while her ships attacked the vessel simultaneously, although the Horde held on and shot down multiple Kul Tiran destroyers. After a bit of fighting, Jaina froze the sea, locking all the ships in place while bringing the fighting upon the waters where the Horde would defeat her, forcing her to escape using a spell.
- He Who Walks in the Light
- Parting Mists
- Alliance Siege of Dazar'alor Cinematic
- Blood Moon Rising - Zuldazar Raid Cutscene
- Rastakhan Dazar'alor Ending Cinematic
- Alliance War Campaign - As the Dust Settles (Patch 8.1.0 Questline)
- Horde War Campaign - The King's Death (Patch 8.1.0 Questline)
- Derek Proudmoore Revived Cutscene
- Derek Proudmoore Kept in the Hall of Ritual