Battle of Dazar'alor
|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|It has been suggested that this article or section be moved to Battle of Dazar'alor (instance).
- For the lore of the raid, see Battle of Dazar'alor (battle).
|Battle of Dazar'alor|
Battle of Dazar'alor, (also referred to as Siege of Zuldazar, Battle of Zuldazar and Assault on Zuldazar) is a raid in Battle for Azeroth, introduced in Patch 8.1.0: Tides of Vengeance. The Alliance assault the city of Dazar'alor, while the Horde defend it. There are faction specific raid entrances located in Zanchul and Boralus Harbor.
Alliance start at the docks and climb the pyramid, eventually fighting King Rastakhan. The Horde will defend the city, starting outside on the far north of the pyramid. They fight towards Rastakhan, which will be the middle of the raid for them. They then fight Alliance forces down towards harbor, ending with Alliance commanders and Jaina on the high seas. During the raid you speak to an NPC to play from the other faction's perspective in the middle or final act.
For ages untold, Dazar'alor has stood at the center of the great and powerful Zandalari empire. Its guards have thwarted numerous attempts on King Rastakhan's life, and it has endured trials both ancient and new. But as war reaches the shores of Zuldazar, the Alliance embarks on a daring gambit to besiege the golden pyramid and sever the Zandalari's bond to the Horde.
The first three bosses are exclusive to each faction. Three bosses are experienced by both factions through flashbacks where they play as members of the opposite faction, with racials associated to their new form.
Alliance begin with a naval strike on the docks of Dazar’alor, and the Horde begin the raid by defending against an invasion in the northern jungle of Zuldazar.
With the bulk of Rastakhan's forces lured into Nazmir, the time has come to storm the city.
The city faces a cowardly Alliance attack, and the Horde's brave champions are the only ones who can lift the siege.
Ancient treasures lie deep within the halls of the palace. But beware, for they are guarded by the wrath of the loa.
Witness King Rastakhan's defiant stand against the bloodthirsty Alliance invaders.
Witness the Horde's savagery as they strike at the valiant heroes of the Alliance.
King Rastakhan has been slain, and those responsible must be brought to justice before they can escape.
Raid Unlock Schedule:
- January 22 – Normal and Heroic Difficulties
- January 29 – Mythic and Raid Finder Wing 1
- February 12 – Raid Finder Wing 2
- February 26 – Raid Finder Wing 3
Normal difficulty or above
- Snow Fun Allowed
- De Lurker Be'loa
- I Got Next!
- We Got Spirit, How About You?
- Walk the Dinosaur
- Praise the Sunflower
- Hidden Dragon
- Barrel of Monkeys
- This raid is unique in that it presents a completely different experience for each faction.
- The raid was originally hinted at through datamining the map called 8.1 - ZuldazarRaid.
- Its placeholder name as seen on the 8.1 PTR dungeon journal was 8.1 Raid. The zone itself was called The Siege of Zuldazar, which was the name it was first announced with in a developer liveblog. In a later PTR build, the zone was changed to The Burning of Zuldazar. In a following developer Q&A, they stated that they may call it Battle of Dazar'alor, which became the final name of the raid.
- Horde players encounter Otoye in the Heart of the Empire to play from the Alliance perspective for the middle 3 bosses.
- Alliance players speak to Tandred Proudmoore to play from the Horde perspective for the last 3 bosses.
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Added.
- ^ Adventure Guide Battle for Azeroth raids#Battle of Dazar'alor
- ^ a b Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas
- ^ Developer Live Stream with Ion Hazzikostas
- ^ Appearances, sets tab
- ^ The Assault on Zuldazar
- ^ The Starting Zone Podcast, Episode #292: Live BlizzCon 2018 Art, Design and Engineering interviews! (minute 31)
- ^ Battle of Dazar'alor Raid Preview and Schedule
- ^ The Burning of Zuldazar Zone