Battle of Dazar'alor
|This article is a PTR Patch 8.1.0 stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- For the lore of the raid, see Battle of Dazar'alor (battle).
|Battle of Dazar'alor|
Battle of Dazar'alor, (also referred to as Siege of Zuldazar, Battle of Zuldazar and Assault on Zuldazar) is an upcoming raid in Battle for Azeroth, to be introduced in Tides of Vengeance. The Alliance will assault the city of Dazar'alor, while the Horde will defend it.
Alliance start at the docks and climb the pyramid, eventually fighting King Rastakhan. The Horde will defend the city, starting outside on the far north of the pyramid. They fight towards Rastakhan, which will be the middle of the raid for them. They then fight Alliance forces down towards harbor, ending with Alliance commanders and Jaina on the high seas. After completing your faction's raid, you can speak to an NPC in Dazar'alor or Boralus to witness the other faction's.
- Alliance (Horde players play in a flashback as Alliance)
- Horde (Alliance players play in a flashback as Horde)
- This raid is unique in that it presents a completely different experience for each faction.
- The raid was originally hinted at through datamining the map called 8.1 - ZuldazarRaid.
- Its placeholder name as seen on the 8.1 PTR dungeon journal was 8.1 Raid. The zone itself was called The Siege of Zuldazar, which was the name it was first announced with in a developer liveblog. In a later PTR build, the zone was changed to The Burning of Zuldazar. In a following developer Q&A, they stated that they may call it Battle of Dazar'alor, which became the final name of the raid.
- Which race of the opposite faction the player becomes in the flashback is the same as in Mercenary Mode.
- Patch 8.1.0 (TBA): Added.
- ^ Adventure Guide Battle for Azeroth raids#Battle of Dazar'alor
- ^ a b Developer Q&A - Ion Hazzikostas
- ^ Developer Live Stream with Ion Hazzikostas
- ^ Appearances, sets tab
- ^ The Assault on Zuldazar
- ^ The Burning of Zuldazar Zone
- ^ The Starting Zone Podcast, Episode #292: Live BlizzCon 2018 Art, Design and Engineering interviews! (minute 31)