- For other uses, see Battlemaster (disambiguation).
Battlemasters are NPCs that offer characters the opportunity to join the queue for battlegrounds. Originally one of the only ways to queue for battlegrounds, with the introduction of the PvP interface, battlemasters are largely redundant, and serve no practical purpose.
Each capital city has several battlemasters, but not all capital cities have battlemasters for all the battlegrounds: only Stormwind City and Orgrimmar have Tol Barad Battle-Mages, and only Dalaran has Wintergrasp Battle-Mages. The battlemasters can usually be found gathered in one place, often a war-room or similar. Battlemasters can also be found at the entrances to the original battlegrounds. Interacting with any battlemaster will open the PvP interface window. When using the tracking system with the minimap battlemasters will appear with the Alliance and Horde icons () at their locations.
City battlemasters were originally the only way to queue for a battleground without travelling to the physical entrance of that battleground. There was one battlemaster for each battleground, with players having to seek out the correct battlemaster to queue for the corresponding battleground. Players who had queued for a battleground could continue to travel around and play the game while they were queued, but upon leaving the battleground would be immediately teleported back to the battlemaster's location. Since battlemasters were located in cities, players generally had to travel from the zones where they were adventuring in order to seek out a battlemaster, making it difficult to combine battlegrounds with non-city-based activities. With the introduction of the PvP interface, battlemasters were made redundant, as players can access the same options directly through the Micro Menu, without needing to seek out a battlemaster.
Battlemasters come in two varieties: warriors and mages. Battlemasters without a mana bar are considered warriors. City battlemasters are often in separate areas from normal PvP combat, however Sylvanas Windrunner and Velen both pull with their respective city battlemasters.
Warrior battlemasters use strong physical attacks, can , have a , , and attacks. As such, they are best kept separated from the rest of your party to minimize their overall damage and interference during combat.
Mage battlemasters are weak physically but use , , , , , and "Amplify Damage". "Amplify Damage" increases the target's damage taken by 100% for 10 seconds and as such should be dispelled quickly. When engaged with a city leader they should be quickly eliminated to avoid sudden spikes in tank damage.
|Darnassus (Warrior's Terrace)||Landuen Moonclaw
|Ironforge (Hall of Arms, Military Ward)||Borim Goldhammer
|Stormwind City (War Room, Stormwind Keep)||Alison Devay
|Exodar (Vault of Lights)||Hunara
Liedel the Just
|Shattrath City (Lower City)||Jonru
|Dalaran (Silver Enclave)||Arcanist Braedin||Wintergrasp|
|Alterac Valley tunnel, Hillsbrad Foothills||Grumbol Grimhammer||All|
|Silverwing Grove, Ashenvale||Su'ura Swiftarrow||All|
|Refuge Pointe, Arathi Highlands||Radulf Leder||All|
|Orgrimmar (Hall of the Brave, Valley of Honor)||Karba Blazemaw
|Silvermoon City (Hall of Blood)||Alenjon Sunblade
|Thunder Bluff (Hunter Rise)||Mosha Starhorn
|Undercity (Royal Quarter)||Deathstalker Fane
|Shattrath City (Lower City)||Asara Dawnblaze
|Dalaran (Sunreaver's Sanctuary)||Magister Surdiel||Wintergrasp|
|Alterac Valley tunnel, Hillsbrad Foothills||Usha Eyegouge||All|
|Mor'shan Base Camp, Northern Barrens||Gargok||All|
|Hammerfall, Arathi Highlands||The Black Bride||All|
Over the years and several revamps of the PvP system, many battlemasters were removed from the game. Due to their representativeness of their respective races and factions, they are still archived here.
- Alliance: Silverwing Emissaries, Aethalas, Elfarran, Jihi, Lylandor, Lylandris
- Horde: Warsong Envoys, Kergul Bloodaxe, Kurden Bloodclaw, Brakgul Deathbringer, Krukk, Montok Redhands
- Alliance: Stormpike Emissaries, Mahul, Haelga Slatefist, Thelman Slatefist, Glordrum Steelbeard, Brogun Stoneshield
- Horde: Frostwolf Envoys, Kartra Bloodsnarl, Gurak, Grizzle Halfmane, Wolf-Sister Maka, Taim Ragetotem
- Alliance: League of Arathor Emissaries, Adam Eternum, Lady Hoteshem, Donal Osgood, Tolo, Keras Wolfheart
- Horde: Defilers Envoys, Keldor the Lost, Martin Lindsey, Deze Snowbane, Karen Wentworth, Sir Malory Wheeler
- Alliance: Eye of the Storm Emissaries, Enlae, Iravar, Jovil, Kandaar, Mitia
- Horde: Eye of the Storm Envoys, Lyrlia Blackshield, Althallen Brightblade, Duyash the Cruel, Andrissa Heartspear, Yula the Fair
- Alliance: Arcanist Dulial, Arcanist Iramhir, Arcanist Laniria, Arcanist Nazalia, Arcanist Paharin
- Horde: Magister Savarin, Magistrix Aldessia, Magistrix Caradess, Magistrix Erembria, Magister Dalhyr
- Alliance: Strand of the Ancients Emissaries, Bethany Aldire, Marga Bearbrawn, Nivara Bladedancer, Buhurda, Vinvo Goldgear
- Horde: Strand of the Ancients Envoys, Godo Cloudweaver, Ufuda Giant-Slayer, Mabrian Fardawn, Sarah Forthright, Jojindi
- Alliance: Isle of Conquest Emissaries, Lynette Bracer, Erutor, Dracien Flanning, Marsa Keybrand, Terrance Matterly
- Horde: Isle of Conquest Envoys, Deathscreamer Gura, Marog, Orgo Ribcrusher, Gorom Warfang, Bruka Woebringer
- Alliance: Gilnean Emissaries, Lormic Farroden, Lesun, Henry Lew, Scot Moore
- Horde: Gilnean Envoys, Hans Crump, Nathan Lamusga, Caley McCready, Patrick Rudolph
- Alliance: Wildhammer Emissaries, Tarna Brightfeather, Heng Cloudhammer, Gend Goldwing, Lurik Stoneclaw
- Horde: Dragonmaw Envoys, Envoy Droln, Envoy Karlog, Envoy Ragda, Envoy Turom
- Alliance: Miglik Blotstrom, Fima Five-Fingers, Max Xim, Beka Zipwhistle
- Horde: Fizim Blastwrench, Zeggon Botsnap, Bipp Glizzitor, Rex Pixem
- Neutral: "Dapper" Danik Blackshaft, Ear-Biter, "Backstab" Bindo Gearbomb, Max Luna, "Lefty" Puddemup, "Techs" Rickard Rustbolt, Schembari "Uncle Sal" Shearbolt, Ramik Slamwrench, Minzi the Minx, Kixi the Shiv
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Most battlemasters removed, along with related Call to Arms events.
- Hotfix (2010-12-07): "Players are no longer able to endlessly kite the outdoor Battlemasters."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Most battlemasters now only appears during their respective Call to Arms events.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Battlemasters in major cities affiliated with specific Battlegrounds have been replaced with a Battlemaster for each faction that will allow players to queue for any Battleground. Battlemasters for specific Battlegrounds will still be seen around the cities during corresponding Battleground holiday weekends. Undocumented: Battlemasters at the three old world entrances kept but also give access to all battlegrounds. All Arena Battlemasters removed.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Characters that use the Battlemaster to enter a Battleground will now port back to that Battlemaster when they leave the Battleground for any reason.