Deathstalker Commander Belmont
|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Affiliation(s)||Undercity, Deathstalkers, The Uncrowned|
Deathstalker Commander Belmont is a Forsaken Deathstalker commander, who appears in Silverpine Forest, deployed there during the Invasion of Gilneas. He is also found in Shadowfang Keep, and serves as its primary quest giver for Horde players.
Belmont first appears within Forsaken High Command, having sent Deathstalker Rane Yorick to scout information on the Gilneas Liberation Front's movements within Forsaken territory. Following Yorick's mission compromise and subsequent death at the hands of Ivar Bloodfang, Belmont has her report handed over to the Banshee Queen - revealing an uneasy alliance between the Gilneas Liberation Front and the Bloodfang pack.
Belmont and the Val'kyr Arthura later relocate south to the Forsaken command post in the Ruins of Gilneas, where intensive fighting was going on against the worgen. They leave shortly before a besiegement by the Bloodfang - now also supported by the 7th Legion to Emberstone Village. The two of them and the player fight their way to the corpse of Lord Godfrey, whom Lady Sylvanas has plans for. Arthura and the player make their escape with his corpse, while Belmont remains behind, confident that he can make it back to the basecamp. However, during the flight back, a large number of howling worgen are seen overlooking the lone Belmont.
Despite his apparently grisly fate, Belmont was able to escape his predicament, and following the Forsaken victory in Silverpine is out for revenge - on the treacherous Lord Godfrey, who had shot Lady Sylvanas from behind in his absence. Belmont, along with a regiment of Forsaken Deathguard troopers and blightspreaders, now resides inside Shadowfang Keep, keen to show Godfrey the wrath of the Banshee Queen.
After clearing the dining hall, High Warlord Cromush appears, and "reminds" Belmont that use of the fully powered plague is forbidden. Belmont quickly assures him that this version serves as little more than a worgen repellent, though tells the player that "unsurprisingly" they are not going to pay much heed to Cromush's opinion on the blight, and thanks them for "keeping quiet" about its true potency. He later finds Cromush, who is wounded by Godfrey's poison, and ensures nothing interferes with the battle against Godfrey.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
Battle for Azeroth
This section concerns content related to Battle for Azeroth.
Belmont fought in Darkshore following the War of the Thorns. He first confronted Shandris Feathermoon, Maiev Shadowsong, and an Alliance adventurer at the Ruins of Auberdine, but Maiev slew his forces and drove him off. He later encountered Tyrande Whisperwind herself, now the avatar of the Night Warrior, at the Ashwood Depot. While he taunted Tyrande that the entirety of Darkshore would soon bolster the Forsaken's armies, Tyrande slew Belmont's forces then froze Belmont in place with Elune's magic and left him to rot.
Belmont was later held captive by the Druids of the Branch alongside Master Apothecary Faranell. He was freed by the Horde and participated in the Battle for Darkshore. When the Horde controls Darkshore, he can be found at Bashal'Aran.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Hall of Shadows||100 - 110||5,942,808|
- Silverpine Forest
- Ruins of Gilneas
- Shadowfang Keep
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
Our mission is clear. We must not fail.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: None can stop the wrath of the Banshee Queen.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Did you think a handful of worgen vermin could stop me? Hah!
During A Man Named Godfrey
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: I am told that Godfrey snapped when he learned of his king's affliction. Could you imagine the sense of betryal he must have felt? His own king one of the very beasts that he spent his existence killing?
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Godfrey will be our ace in the hole. With his knowledge of Gilneas and of worgen, we cannot fail.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Let them come! All will fall before the Dark Lady's war machine!
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont coats his weapons in wolfsbane oil.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: The Alliance will never recover from the blow that we are about to deal them!
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: My men recovered the corpses of two of Godfrey's lieutenants: Baron Ashbury and Lord Walden.
During The Great Escape
- Arthura says: What about you, Belmont? How will you get back?
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: I'll be fine, Arthura. The worgen lost our scent. It's doubtful that they even know we're here.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: I'll probably make it back to the Forsaken Front before you two, er three.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Now move out! You must not keep the Banshee Queen waiting.
- Arthura says: So be it, Belmont.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: This special plague we're spreading will keep Godfrey's forces from leaving the keep, but will allow us to move our troops in to take it for the Forsaken!
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: You're more skilled in combat than I thought.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: Very well then. Let's get the courtyard door open so we can continue our mission!
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: This lock should be easy enough to pick.
- Deathstalker Commander Belmont says: There we go!
- His surname may be or not be a reference to Castlevania.
- Following the death of Rane Yorick, Belmont laments "Alas, poor Yorick. I knew her, <name>." - an allusion to a line from Shakespeare's Hamlet.