|Affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Quel'Thalas, Magisters|
|Occupation||Grand Magister of Quel'Thalas, Salonars' representative at the Convocation of Silvermoon|
Belo'vir Salonar was the grand magister of Quel'Thalas, having been elected as such several years before the Third War. At the time of his death during the Scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas, he also represented his noble family at the Convocation of Silvermoon. His last act was saving the life of Lady Liadrin.
A renowned magus, Belo'vir, like Anasterian, was active during the Troll Wars. During this time, he created the , the , and the Stone of Spark, all three of which were imbued by the power of the Sunwell.
He was an old friend of High Priest Vandellor, Lady Liadrin's mentor. The pair often attended ceremonies of rank progression, and took amusement in Liadrin's interest in Lor'themar Theron, though Belo'vir was more amused that his friend would encourage amorous behavior as Vandellor himself never had any interest in it. Liadrin thought the two behaved like an old married couple.
Belo'vir was elected as the Grand Magister of Quel'Thalas several years before the Third War. During the Scourge invasion, Belo'vir presided over the defense of Silvermoon City after the ranger-general, Sylvanas Windrunner, was slain in combat with the Scourge. He did not submit to Arthas's demand to open Silvermoon's gates, and attempted to protect the city from the prince's siege, though each of his strategies to counter the undead enemies proved mostly futile. When the tide began to turn against the elves, Belo'vir instructed Rommath to evacuate the civilians and children from Silvermoon and to transport the soldiers to the Isle of Quel'Danas.
Under Belo'vir's command, the elven armies amassed on the shores of Quel'Danas and prepared to meet the Scourge once more. Belo'vir also rallied troops from the Sunwell Plateau and led them to battle, but he and his magi were unable to sufficiently damage Arthas's path of frost. During the fighting, Belo'vir was targeted by Arthas personally; Arthas mauled the grand magister with Frostmourne, cast him down, and left him for dead.
Vandellor, who attempted to save him, was killed in the chaos, and Liadrin also rushed to the grand magister's aid. Belo'vir's last act was teleporting Liadrin to safety as the undead hordes converged on them. She was spared the sight of Belo'vir being viciously torn to pieces by the Scourge.
Heritage of the blood elves
A vision of Grand Magister Belo'vir can be seen alongside Anasterian Sunstrider, High Priest Vandellor, and High Priestess Liadrin at Sun's Reach Sanctum on the Isle of Quel'Danas as part of the the recreation of the past when Quel'Thalas fell.
- "Countless armies have stood on that very same ground and boasted as you do. As you can clearly see, their efforts ended in failure! You will have no better luck this day! The witless army you command would have been better off staying dead!"
- It is hinted that Belo'vir's surviving family members, now sin'dorei, changed their surnames as a further show of honor after the Third War.
- Dar'Khan Drathir noted that Belo'vir was a mage without peer when it came to general magic power, but less versed in the more "esoteric" side of the arcane.
- A legendary mage robe, , is named after him. The item's flavor text initially misspelled Belo'vir's last name as Salona.
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Added.
Grand Magister of Quel'Thalas
Grand Magister Rommath