- This article is about the enraged melee warriors. For missiles-throwing trolls, see Troll berserker. For large trolls also known as berserkers, see Dire troll. For mutated orcs sometimes called berserkers, see Dire orc.
Berserkers are fury warriors who throws themselves into battle with little regard for self-preservation. The various troll tribes have their own take on the matter, with axe or spear-throwing hunters becoming known as troll berserkers through a combination of learning how to channel their rage and alchemical means. Sometimes, alchemical or magical alteration can lead those berserkers to become dire trolls. The Bleeding Hollow clan was also known to create dire orc berserkers in blood rituals.
This section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
- Skeletal Berserker - Stratholme
- Ghoul Berserker - Scourge Invasion
- Shattered Hand Berserker - Hellfire Peninsula
- Shadowsword Berserker - Sunwell Plateau
- Dragonflayer Berserker - Howling Fjord
- Winterskorn Berserker - Howling Fjord
- Alliance Berserker - The Nexus
- Horde Berserker - The Nexus
- Conquest Hold Berserker - Grizzly Hills
- Rageclaw Berserker - Zul'Drak
- Frenzyheart Berserker - Sholazar Basin
- Dying Berserker - Icecrown
- Kvaldir Berserker - Hrothgar's Landing
- Ymirjar Berserker - Utgarde Pinnacle
- Hardened Steel Berserker - Halls of Lightning
- Rotbrain Berserker - Tirisfal Glades
- Bloodfang Berserker - Silverpine Forest
- Stickbone Berserker - Western Plaguelands
- Krom'gar Berserker - Stonetalon Mountains
- Scarlet Myrmidon - Scarlet Halls
- Stone Trogg Berserker - Deepholm
- Stonecore Berserker - Stonecore
- Stonebeak Berserker - Domination Point
- Burning Berserker - Timeless Isle
- Black Iron Berserker - Upper Blackrock Spire
- Bleeding Hollow Berserker - Tanaan Jungle
- Iron Berserker - Frostfire Ridge
- Melded Berserker - The Everbloom
- Laughing Skull Berserker - Gorgrond
- Night-Twisted Berserker - Highmaul
- Felsworn Berserker - Tanaan Jungle
- Hulking Berserker - Hellfire Citadel
- Gorebound Berserker - Hellfire Citadel
- Raging Berserker - Legion Invasions
In the RPG
Rage rests within the heart of the orc and troll races, like some barely contained beast ready to tear its way out. For many, this rage allows them to face even the most dangerous of foes and survive. Their innate ability to hold on to this energy and ride it through the waves of battle has made the Horde a feared and respected force. Yet some orcs and trolls descend even deeper in this rage, harassing it as often as they can, fighting on without care for themselves and showing no mercy to those in their paths. These are the berserkers.
With Rage, a berserker can fly into a rage as a barbarian does. With Berserk, berserkers learn to harness their rage to become unstoppable killing machines. With Rancor a berserker is in a constant state of readiness, able to burst into a bloody rage at a moment's notice. With Ferocity a berserker is such a tenacious combatant that he continues to fight without difficulty even while disabled or dying. With Ogre's Grip, the berserker has learned how to wield larger weapons in a single hand. He can wield two-handed melee weapons as if they were one-handed melee weapons, and wield one-handed melee weapons as if they were light weapons. Once he learns Fury, he is the embodiment of unfettered rage, the berserker can lay to waste anything around him. When in a fury, the berserker cannot discern between friend and foe; he attacks every target within reach, regardless of whether or not it is a friend or an opponent. With "Burst of Speed, when charging a berserker travel faster and farther. With Surge, the berserker's ability to wade headfirst into combat reaches new levels of destruction and mayhem. As gains Superior Rage his strength and stamina increases, as does his morale. A fully trained berserker has Undying Rage. The berserker no longer becomes fatigued at the end of his rage.