Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal
|The subject of this article can no longer be obtained.
The Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal teaches players to summon the Black Qiraji Battle Tank, a legendary mount. Currently, it was the only legendary mount to have ever been added to the game for players. The Crystal is a quest reward from which required the player to use the Scepter of the Shifting Sands on the gong on the Scarab Dais during the 10 hour battle with the Silithid, which occured during the opening of Ahn'Qiraj. This was a one time server event.
Although many varieties of Qiraji Battle Tank can still be found in the ruins of Ahn'Qiraj today, the darkest of the species were only seen on the day the Scarab gong was rung.
- As with all mounts until Patch 3.0.2, the Crystal itself was an item that summoned a swift, rideable Scarab that can be ridden when outside of the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.
- Should other players possess the scepter, they could also receive the mount if they activated the gong up to 10 hours after the opening.
- This mount has the same riding speed as normal epic mounts.
- Because of the mount's dual purpose (usable both inside the Temple, where normal mounts formerly could not be used, and outside), it has never had the exact same casting behavior as a normal mount.
- There is currently only one other legendary mount, the GM flying mount . Although GMs themselves have clarified it as being a scrapped version of an another mount . The files are yet to be deleted and are not used by GMs.
On February 6, 2009, sometime after Patch 3.0.8a, Bornakk posted on the forums that the Ahn'Qiraj gates will automatically be open on all new future realms. He would also later clarify in the thread that there are no plans to have an alternative method to obtain the Black Qiraji Battle Tank.
The final step of closure came with the release of Patch 3.2. The commendation officers in all major cities where removed and replaced with mailboxes.
If a player was logged out while mounted on this mount when patch 2.2 was deployed, upon logging in after the patch, the mount "buff" was replaced by a buff that transformed the player into a flying wasp. This was a one time occurrence, however, as there is no evidence the flying wasp buff is obtainable by any other means. However, a buff like it is available from , possibly inspired by this bug.
During the Patch 3.0.2 PTR, the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal had a changed tooltip which was roughly "This mount changes depending on your Riding skill and location." Upon testing this in several locations, it was found that the mount became a wasp in any zone you could fly in and the regular scarab in other zones. This functionality was removed before the patch was released.
- Patch 7.3.5 (2018-01-16): Scarab lords now have access to the Black Qiraji War Tank.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Converted into a normal mount, which removed one of its unique features - the ability to start summoning the mount while still in combat as long as the player was out of combat at the completion of the summon.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): This mount can no longer be used while falling.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): Added.