Blackblade of Shahram
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
Blackblade of Shahram is a two-handed sword with a proc that summons the elemental Shahram to fight for you. It dropped from General Drakkisath, the final boss of Upper Blackrock Spire, at an approximate 1% rate.
In the RPG
The Blackblade of Shahram is a large charcoal-black scimitar crafted entirely of dark iron and inscribed with draconic runes of power. Legend says Nefarian crafted the weapon in his human guise as Victor Nefarius, using the forges of the Blackhand orcs. He crafted it especially for Drakkisath. While held, it confers complete immunity to energy drain and ability damage. The weapon binds to its wielder’s hand when wielded. Once per day, the wielder can invoke the Blackblade’s summoning power, calling forth Shahram, a fiery destroyer who serves the wielder unerringly. Shahram is bound to the blade and cannot resist the owner’s commands, but otherwise loathes its servitude and does everything within its power to break free. Unfortunately, his freedom requires the destruction of the Blackblade - a daunting task for any artifact.
Notes and trivia
- Drakkisath uses this weapon's model during combat.
- The name of this item is inspired from the Lead Producer Shahram Dabiri who is of Persian origin. He has named many NPCs in the game.
- When this weapon procs, it summons an elemental which casts a random spell and then disappears:
- Curse of Shahram: AE Slow Enemies
- Might of Shahram: AE Stun Enemies (~5 sec)
- Fist of Shahram: Group Haste - 25% (~8 sec)
- Blessing of Shahram: Group restore life/mana (20 sec)
- Will of Shahram: Self +50 all stats (20 sec)
- Flames of Shahram: Flamestrike enemies (~100-150 damage)
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed. Stats squished on existing items.