Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Blackhand (alternate universe)
- For the character from the main universe, see Blackhand. For information on how to defeat Blackhand in World of Warcraft, see Blackhand (tactics). For other uses, see Blackhand (disambiguation).
|Title||Warlord of the Blackrock clan|
|Affiliation(s)||Blackrock clan, Iron Horde|
|Occupation||Warlord of the Blackrock clan|
- "My legacy is shaped by my power and nothing else."
Blackhand serves as the secondary antagonist in Warlords of Draenor.
A warlord with massive musculature and a dominating presence, the chieftain of the Blackrock clan formed brilliant strategies and maintained rigorous order within his armies. He could always turn the tide of battle. He could always find the enemy's weakness. When ogres attacked and his clan faced annihilation, he orchestrated a daring last-minute triumph alongside his second-in-command, Orgrim. On the eve of battle, the chieftain reclaimed a famous weapon, the Doomhammer, and restored hope for victory. The elements, chaotic forces of nature that had allowed him to survive the ordeal, encased his fist in dark, heavy stone. He took a name worthy of it: Blackhand.
Warlords of Draenor
Blackhand was the first chieftain to join the Iron Horde. After a mysterious prophet gave him detailed schematics, Blackhand marshaled the Blackrock clan to industrialize warfare on a colossal scale. A genius tactician not to be underestimated, Blackhand leads ironclad battalions of orcs, ogres, and gronn with terrifying resolve. He himself donned battle armor infused with the powers of flame.
A power-mad and tactically brilliant weaponmaster, Blackhand has both the ambition to rule and the cruelty to maintain his hold on the conquered. Under his leadership, the bold orcs of the Blackrock clan arm an entire world with the strength of steel. Blackrock slaves labor whip-crack to whip-crack on frightful siege engines—weapons that will inevitably be turned against the slaves’ families, neighbors, and homes.
During the Assault on the Dark Portal, he ordered his clan, the Blackrock, to stop the invading forces. Their attempts failed, and the Blackrock Quarry was flooded as a result. Later, he was seen on the same cliff with Grommash Hellscream and the other warlords as Grommash ordered the combined might of the Iron Horde army to head after the Alliance and Horde attackers.
He led the siege of Shattrath with Orgrim Doomhammer as his second. Not hesitating to murder innocents and villagers, he incurred the ire of Doomhammer. When confronted with his brutal acts, Blackhand swiftly killed him. This act angered Durotan who with the help of Yrel and Maraad fought on the Blackrock's flagship. During the fight, Blackhand defeated Durotan and killed Maraad who decided to save Yrel at the expense of his own life. He taunted Durotan and seared him with his hammer, but Yrel distracted the warlord and healed Durotan. With the Frostwolf chieftain's axe, Yrel wounded the Lord of Blackrock clan. Enraged, Blackhand vowed they would all die, but Khadgar teleported his allies and destroyed the boat with an Iron star before he could act upon this threat. However, Blackhand escaped by jumping into the sea.
He is later seen at Warlord's meeting in Mok'gol Watchpost where he talks about the situation with the Horde, Alliance and the Foundry.
Blackhand leads his clan from the Blackrock Foundry. While his foundry was under attack for quite some time, earning some spite from Grommash, it was the final attack that sealed his fate. Champions of Azeroth stormed the foundry, killing a large amount of important Iron Horde members and eventually Blackhand himself. His severed arm was brought to Khadgar who confirmed the legends about him and the elements.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Workshop (Blackrock Foundry)||??|
- They said this was not the day of prophecy. Perhaps the burden will fall to one of your descendants, Orgrim. Or perhaps not. But the Doomhammer is still your legacy. I have my own. - Returning the Doomhammer to Orgrim.
World of Warcraft
- Main article: Prepare for Battle#Notes
- Main article: The Battle of the Forge#Notes
- Main article: The Battle for Shattrath#Notes
- Main article: The Warlord's Council#Notes
- Main article: Blast Furnace#Quotes
- Main article: Kromog#Quotes
- Main article: Iron Maidens#Quotes
- Main article: Blackhand (tactics)#Quotes
Notes and trivia
- A StarCraft II portrait of Blackhand is available for players who purchase either the digital deluxe or collector's edition of Warlords of Draenor.
- Based on the cinematic at the end of the Talador questline, like Deathwing his blood appears to be made of fire, as it gushes from the wound inflicted by Yrel. This explains not only how he's able to survive in the searing heat of the foundry, but also how he's able to survive in his own burning armor.
- He is said to have personally designed the fiery armaments used on the Iron Horde's clefthoof battle mounts.
- He is featured on the mousepad included with the World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition.
- Blackhand is voiced by Darin De Paul.
- His weapon was the aptly-named , which can be looted on his body.
- His arm is similar to both flesh and stone.
- A Blackhand skin is available for Doomfist in Overwatch.
The clan of Blackhand: The Blackrock
Blackhand as seen on the Warlords of Draenor wallpaper.
Blackhand by Glenn Rane.
- Fan art
Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.
- ^ Blackrock Foundry: Blackhand (tactics)
- ^ a b The Characters of Warcraft/Blackhand
- ^ Blackhand
- ^ Warlords of Draenor
- ^ 2014, World of Warcraft®: Warlords of Draenor™ DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. Blizzard Entertainment, retrieved on 2014-05-17
- ^ 2014, World of WarCraft: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition. EB Games, retrieved on 2014-05-17
- ^ Mount Journal entry for
- ^ Andrea Toyias on Twitter (2015-03-21).
- ^ Film/Television/Video Games: WoW-Warlords of Draenor