Blackrock & Roll, Too! (WC3 Undead)
|Previous: The Revelation|
|Next: The Siege of Dalaran|
|Blackrock & Roll Too!|
|Campaign: Path of the Damned|
|Place: Alterac Mountains|
|Outcome: Scourge victory|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
The next morning, on the outskirts of the Blackrock clan village...
- 4 Ice Trolls
- 1 Ice Troll Berserker
- 1 Ice Troll High Priest
- 4 Ice Troll Trappers
- 1 Ice Troll Warlord
- 3 Murloc Nightcrawlers
- 6 Red Dragon Whelps
- 2 Red Dragons
- Destroy the Orc base protecting the Demon Gate
Kel'Thuzad must reach the Demon Gate to commune with the mysterious Demon lord. In order to reach the mystical gate, the adjacent Orc village must be destroyed.
- Kill Throk'Feroth
- Kill Mazrigos
- Kill Khanzo
- Kill Genjuros
- Kill Jubei'Thos
In order to win through to the Demon Gate, the Orc champions of each Blackrock village must be destroyed. Each vile champion carries a magical Tome that will aid you with your dire mission.
- Arthas: Isn't it time you told me about the second phase of the plan, lich?
- Kel'Thuzad: Certainly. The first phase of the Lich King's plan was to engineer the Scourge, which would eradicate any group that might resist the Legion's arrival.
- Arthas: Like the forces of Lordaeron... and the high elves.
- Kel'Thuzad: Exactly. The second phase is to actually summon the demon lord who will spark the invasion.
- Arthas and Kel'Thuzad start walking toward their base.
- Arthas: So, where are we going now?
- Kel'Thuzad: There is a nearby encampment of Blackrock orcs who maintain a functional demon gate. I must use the gate to commune with the demon lord and receive his instructions.
During the Mission
- Kel'Thuzad: Behold, the Frost Wyrm! These undead dragons are the Lich King's favored pets. This one shall serve us well.
- Orc Warlock: The Legion has sent the dead to test us! Victory to the Blackrock Clan!
- Blademaster: We orcs are the true servants of the Burning Legion! These mindless undead are weak...impure!
- Kel'Thuzad: Your people failed their task, savage. You, too, must be scourged from the world.
- Kel'Thuzad: This camp guards the demon gate. Defeat these orcs quickly, so I can contact the demonlord.
- Arthas: Understood.
- Arthas: He dropped a large tome. Is it magical?
- Kel'Thuzad: It is a tome of demon lore. No doubt his comrades carry it as well.
- Arthas: I've encountered these demon-worshipping orcs before. How do they fit into all this?
- Kel'Thuzad: That, young one, is a very complicated matter. Suffice it to say they no longer hold any favor with the Legion.
- Arthas: The brutes have been slain. The demon gate is yours, lich.
- Arthas and Kel'Thuzad approach the demon gate. The lich begins channeling.
- Kel'Thuzad: I call upon thee, Archimonde! Your humble servant seeks an audience!
- An image of Archimonde appears within the gate.
- Archimonde: You called my name, puny lich, and I have come. You are Kel'Thuzad, are you not?
- Kel'Thuzad: Yes, great one. I am the summoner.
- Archimonde: Very well, then. There is a special tome you must find... the only remaining spellbook of Medivh, the Last Guardian. Only his lost incantations are powerful enough to bring me into your world.
- Kel'Thuzad: Where should we search for it, great one?
- Archimonde: Seek out the mortal city of Dalaran. It is there that the tome is kept. At twilight, three days from now, you will begin the summoning.
The Lich Kel'Thuzad needed a Demon Gate to communicate with the Demon Lord Archimonde and receive his instructions. However the nearest functional Demon Gate was guarded by the Blackrock clan, so they would have to destroy the Orcs first.
The Orc warlocks thought that the Burning Legion has sent the undead to test them. They felt that the undead were "impure" that the Orcs were the true servants of the Legion. Kel'Thuzad coldly informed the delusional Orcs that they had failed to conquer Azeroth and they didn't hold any favor with the Legion. The Orcs too must be scourged from the world.
The Blackrock Orcs fought hard, along with their ogre and troll allies, and goblin and dragon slaves. However, the Scourge's numerous undead warriors, now reinforced by the powerful Frost Wyrms, quickly overwhelmed the Orcs. Arthas and Kel'Thuzad destroyed each Orc village one by one, killing the individual leaders and learning Demon Lore from their Magic Tomes. Finally, all the Orcs lay dead before them. Kel'Thuzad approached the Demon Gate and requested to speak with Lord Archimonde.
Archimonde appeared within the Demon Gate and ordered the undead leaders to steal the Book of Medivh from the Violet Citadel of Dalaran. At twilight, three days from now, they were to summon Archimonde into the world of Azeroth.
- Though they have the same spells as the farseers of the new Horde, Throk'Feroth and Mazrigos may represent warlocks instead of shaman. They may also be dark shaman.
- The Blackrock orcs control red dragons despite Alexstrasza's release many years prior. Since the red dragons belong to the Blackrock Warlocks sub-faction, they may be enslaved by demonic magic.
- The Red Dragons were formerly classified as undead units. This meant they could not be attacked by Arthas's . After a later patch, the Red Dragons are no longer undead and can now be attacked by Death Coil.
- The Blackrock orcs train orc warlocks instead of shaman, a clear indication of their continued allegiance to the Burning Legion.
- Troll headhunters are seen helping the orcs. These are likely meant to represent forest trolls, as no jungle trolls was known to exist in the area.
- Considering the location, the ice troll creeps may be from the Winterax tribe.