Blade Flurry is a level 63 Outlaw rogue ability. While active, all of the rogue's attacks strike all nearby enemies within 8 yards for 30% damage, but the rogue's energy regenerates 20% more slowly. Blade Flurry is one of the few area of effect abilities available to Outlaw rogues.
- Does not break .
- Only 30% of the direct damage of attacks is transferred through Blade Flurry; DoTs and other effects such as stuns will not be applied to additional targets.
- Targets must be within 8 yards and in the rogue's line of sight to be hit by Blade Flurry.
Tips and tactics
- Only use this when fighting more than one foe. It provides no benefit against single targets, and the reduced energy regeneration is disadvantageous.
- works with Blade Flurry, so popping both can give multiple large hits on two nearby enemies each, and as such is very useful when fighting multiple mobs.
- Not recommended for use in tight places where fragile crowd control is in effect (, , etc).
- In dungeons and raids, ensure that tanks have adequate threat on all mobs in range before using this, or you may get aggro.
- Blade Flurry is a rare Rogue spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: ""Look, it's not just about waving daggers around really fast. It's a lot more complicated than that." - Shan, Rogue Trainer"
- Blade Flurry is one of Valeera's basic abilities in Heroes of the Storm.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Damage to secondary targets reduced to 30% (was 35%).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): 's effect has been made baseline to Blade Flurry.
- Hotfix (2015-01-13): "Blade Flurry is now able to trigger from Multistrikes."
- Hotfix (2014-12-15): "Blade Flurry now also strikes up to 4 additional nearby opponents for 35% of normal damage (up from 30%)."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Can now trigger poisons, and now deals 30% damage (down from 40%).
- Hotfix (2014-01-21): "Resolved an issue for the following abilities that resulted in damage being calculated incorrectly when used against targets with a greater than 75% reduction to damage from armor."
- Hotfix (2013-09-18): "Killing Spree's range is no longer being incorrectly modified by Blade Flurry."
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Damage to secondary targets should no longer be affected by Resilience or PvP Power if the primary target was a player as both had already been factored in for the initial damage calculation.
- Hotfix (2013-03-29): "Blade Flurry now has a range of 8 yards, up from 5 yards, and will only hit targets that are within the Rogue's line-of-sight."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now strikes up to 4 additional nearby targets for 40% of normal damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Energy regeneration reduction reduced from 30% to 20%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Changed from fixed duration to a toggle. In addition, the cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds and the energy regeneration penalty has been increased to 30%
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Blade Flurry now is learned immediately when you specialize in the Combat tree (was a 5th rank talent requiring 20 points), now costs no energy (was 25 energy), now has a cooldown of 30 seconds (was 2 minutes), now has an energy regeneration penalty of 20% (none previously), and now no longer increases attack speed by 20% (this is now part of ).
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): This ability can no longer hit critters as its secondary targets and will now use a proper range calculation for all secondary targets.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): This ability now works correctly in all cases with shielded targets.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): This ability will now do damage to secondary targets when the primary target takes no damage due to a damage shield (such as Power Word: Shield).
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Preparation no longer resets the cooldown of Blade Flurry.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): The additional attacks generated by this ability will now properly take into account the armor of the second target.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): This ability will now trigger correctly off of special attacks such as Sinister Strike and Kick.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): will now clear the cooldown of the Blade Flurry ability.