Blade of Eternal Darkness
The Blade of Eternal Darkness has no specific class restriction, but it is aimed more towards spellcasting classes. If a character wields this dagger and casts a damaging spell on an enemy, there is a chance that the dagger will deal 91 Shadow damage to the target as well as restoring 91 mana to the wielder.
Ability such as and , which increase overall Shadow damage, will also increase the damage done by the proc. The damage can also crit but has its own rate. The mana regenerated cannot be increased.
The effect is named Engulfing Shadows.
The blade's drop rate is estimated at 0.1%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stats squished.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Item level reduced from 54 to 39.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): The tooltip has been adjusted to indicate it only works with direct damage spells.
- Patch 1.12.1 (2006-09-26): The Blade of Eternal Darkness will now only proc when damage is done.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): The triggered effect from this weapon will no longer occur when the spell being cast has its effect broken by causing damage.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): The On Use ability on the Blade of Eternal Darkness has been changed to an On Equip triggered effect with a chance to occur on any damage spell.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Blade of Eternal Darkness now has an appropriate minimum level.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Added.