Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Blast Wave is a level 30 Fire mage talent.
Tips and tactics
This spell adds another spell to both the mage's area damage and crowd control lists. It deals excellent damage, and the daze allows a mage to run clear and start another spell before the targets come back to full speed.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Knockback effect re-added.
- Patch 7.2.0 (2017-03-28): Damage increased by 18%.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Damage reduced by 50% and is no longer castable on a target enemy or ally. Damage bonus on primary enemy target removed. Now available at level 30 (was level 60).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer has 2 charges, and no longer replaces Frost Nova. Now available at level 60 (was level 75).
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Re-added as a level 75 Fire mage talent, and now replaces . Now requires a target to cast (will cast from the Mage if no target is selected).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed. Blast Wave's daze effect has been merged into .
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now a targeted ground-effect with a 40 yard range and 8 yard radius (previously a point blank area of effect with a 10 yard radius). Cooldown reduced from 30 to 15 sec. Knockback effect removed. Daze effect duration reduced from 6 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The mana cost of this talent has been significantly reduced.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): No longer receives double the intended critical strike bonus from Combustion.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added a knockback effect to the spell. Targets are now thrown between 10 and 15 yards away from the caster.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Cooldown reduced from 45 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-20): The bonus this spell receives from effects that increase spell damage has been increased.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): Will now show spell data in the talent page.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Will now cause damage to targets immune to immobilizing effects.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Damage radius fixed so damage properly extends to 10 yd.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Training costs added to ranks.