Blastenheimer 5000 Ultra Cannon
- "Safe? When was the last time you had any REAL fun doing anything safe?" - Maxima Blastenheimer
- See also:
The Blastenheimer 5000 Ultra Cannon is one of the attractions of the Darkmoon Faire. The ultra cannon can blast players into the air, giving them a fun ride. The cannon was most likely created by its cannoneer Maxima Blastenheimer and named after her.
When you talk to cannoneer Maxima Blastenheimer she will explain the workings of the cannon to you.
In short: to get a launch, right-click the cannon to activate it. You will be loaded into the barrel, the cannon is aimed and off you go. During the flight you will get a Magic Wings buff which (in theory) ensures a soft landing.
Near the end of the flight there is a target floating in the water. For extra fun you can try to drop yourself inside that target. Right click the Wings buff icon to remove the wings and drop. On hitting the water or the ground you will get a Touchdown! buff for one second.
Landing close to the target will give you a buff that lasts for one hour. The buff has no effect apart from showing your accomplishment. Different buffs are given depending on the distance to the center of the target:
- Poor Shot! Your latest attempt at the cannon landed you near the target area. Better luck next time!
- Close! Your latest attempt at the cannon was close to the center, but not close enough.
- Bullseye! Your latest attempt at the cannon was dead on!
Riding the wings all the way to the end will put you down relatively safely.
Before patch 4.3.0
Previously the cannon traveled with the Darkmoon Faire and could be found:
- In Elwynn Forest on the east side of the faire;
- On Thunder Bluff on the lower rise;
- In Shattrath City on the Terrace of Light near the Aldor bank.