||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- "BoS" redirects here. For the former Paladin abilities, see [Blessing of Sacrifice] and [Blessing of Salvation].
- Blessing of Sanctuary
- Level - paladin talent
- 30 yards yd range
- 7% of base mana
- global cooldown
- Instant cast
- Places a Blessing on the friendly target, reducing damage taken from all sources by 3% for 10 minutes and increasing stamina and strength by 10%. In addition, when the target blocks, parries, or dodges a melee attack the target will gain 2% of maximum displayed mana. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.
Blessing of Sanctuary is a talent in the Protection tree, you will need to spend 21 points in Protection to get it. This blessing is primarily intended for tanking paladins, as it requires a significant investment into the protection tree. See [Greater Blessing of Sanctuary] for the 30 minute version of this buff.
Tips and tactics
- This spell is most useful when faced with a number of quick hitting mobs of lower levels as it increases the amount of times you are avoiding attacks, and therefore increases mana regeneration. This talent is best used in conjunction with [Holy Shield] in order to increase the amount of mana returned.
- This blessing is a key part of Paladin AoE grinding. However, when dealing mainly with single target, a protection paladin may be better off using [Blessing of Wisdom] to reduce downtime.
- Normally, only Protection Paladins have this blessing. DPS classes find the 3% damage reduction pretty useless (although if there are four paladins in a raid, this blessing may be placed on all raid members. If there are only three paladins in the raid, this blessing may be placed on Caster DPS, who do not need Blessing of Might, and Melee DPS, who do not need Blessing of Wisdom.) and other tank classes don't use mana (See Moonkins as Tanks)
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed. Replaced with [Sanctuary].
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): This blessing now grants 10% strength in addition to its current effects. Also, the strength and stamina bonuses from this blessing will no longer be lost when Blessing of Kings is removed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
- This blessing now also increases stamina by 10%. This effect is not cumulative with [Blessing of Kings].
- This talent and [Vigilance] will now both be able to be cast on the same target without sometimes overwriting each other.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now only grants mana on dodge/parry/block. In addition, will only grant mana if that is the active power type of the friendly target (Bears and Cats won't gain mana).
- Old, gain 10 rage , 20 runic power, or 2% of the maximum mana
- Old: reduced damage taken by 80 and dealt Holy damage when blocking melee attacks.