Blessing of the Tides
120 (Requires 120)
Choose a name for the new vessel, then witness Brother Pike's blessing.
Dorian certainly lives up to her reputation, <name>.
This magnificent vessel is complete and now it has a crew. Two pieces remain.
First, we must give the ship a name.
Then it falls to Brother Pike to bless this vessel. As is tradition, a tidesage's blessing fortifies the ship against storms and encourages fair weather and smooth seas. It is as much ceremonial as it is practical.
Once that is done, we will set sail for Stormwind.
You will receive:
- 11 70
- 8,950 XP
I chose you for this honor to thank you for all you have done for my people, and all that you have done for me.
It has been so long since I have seen such a rite performed. I was only a child.
It means a great deal to me to have had your help in this. Thank you.
On picking up this quest:
- The group turns to the completed ship out in the bay.
- Jaina Proudmoore says: She needs a name, as all great ships do. Any suggestions?
- Rosaline Madison says: Anduin's Wrath. The Horde will learn to fear her!
- Brother Pike says: She seems like a Dawnsailor to me.
- Captain Tandred Proudmoore says: The Alliance is fond of its lions. How does Lionheart sound?
- Katherine speaks fondly.
- Katherine Proudmoore says: Tiffin's Melody.
- Jaina briefly half turns to her and gives a heartfelt sigh.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: That is beautiful, mother.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: They all have merit. The choice is yours, <name>.
Speak to Lady Jaina Proudmoore:
- What shall we call this new vessel, <name>?
- Anduin's Wrath
- Tiffin's Melody
- The Lionheart
- This action is permanent and cannot be changed later.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: <Ship's name>. Well chosen.
- Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: Brother Pike, will you do the honors?
- Brother Pike makes his way down to the rowboat.
- Brother Pike says: Let us see this done.
On speaking with Brother Pike:
- It is my pleasure to offer my services to bless this vessel.
- Join me as we cross the bay to deliver a proper sermon.
Interact with the rowboat:
- Cutscene. At the tiller, the adventurer steers the rowboat into the water, then stops a short distance off the ship's starboard side. A light drizzle has begun.
- Brother Pike says: Storm above and tides below, hear us now!
- Brother Pike says: Breathe strength into our sails, and guard us against the crushing depths!
- Pike raises his arms into the air, as if speaking to the darkening sky.
- Brother Pike says: Let this vessel be one with the vast ocean, and us with her.
- Pike lowers his arms. Power radiates from his hands, and water and lightning crash around him.
- Brother Pike says: Sea to sea, storm to storm, tide to tide.
- Brother Pike fires a bolt of energy into the ship's center mast. As a spire of water forms around the mast and shoots into the sky, a watery barrier briefly shimmers around the ship. Finally, the sky clears; the blessing is done.
- Patch 8.1.5 (2019-03-12): Added.