October 10 - 11
BlizzCon 2008 was announced on May 12, 2008, and took place the Anaheim Convention Center in California, on October 10-11, 2008. Due to popular demand, featured three convention halls instead of two. There was a website and a forum. There were more than 15,000 people who attended BlizzCon 2008.
- Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment releases
- Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Areas and activities devoted to licensed products such as the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game
- Costume, machinima, and character sound-alike contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on the Blizzard Entertainment franchises
- A silent auction
The goodie bags either contained:
- 16” inflatable divine shield ball, complete with a paladin inside in the midst of hearthing away.
- 48” inflatable Frostmourne 
- Polar Bear mount with Murloc 
- Diablo health and mana stress balls
- Pandaren brewmaster bottle openers
- Zerg creep
Tickets for Blizzcon were sold out the day they were available.
While many fansites and media organizations covered the event, there were two companies who were broadcasting the event.
The first was DirectTV , who sold a coverage package for $40, which included exclusive interviews and the Blizzcon mount card. This service was only available in the US, to DirectTV subscribers.
The second was WoW Radio, who were broadcasting the convention via shoutcast and providing audio podcasts of the panels, announcements and scheduled events. Furthermore, they provided exclusive interviews, news and comment, as well as several live shows from their studio in Anaheim. The service was free of charge.
An exclusive collector's edition hardcover of the The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King was available for purchase.
- ^ a b The BlizzCon Book: A Celebration of Our Community, pg. 18
- ^ http://www.blizzard.com/blizzcon/
- ^ http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=9391140&sid=1
- ^ http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/news/images/08-07/07-31-08-5.jpg
- ^ http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/news/images/08-07/07-31-08-4.jpg
- ^ http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/mounts/big-blizzard-bear-gallery.html
- ^ http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=P4880012