November 4 - 5
BlizzCon 2016 (a.k.a. BlizzCon X) was a BlizzCon event hosted by Blizzard Entertainment that took place at the Anaheim Convention Center on November 4-5, 2016. There were more than 27,000 people who attended.
- New charity pet: with the proceeds going to Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Patch 7.1.5: Mists of Pandaria Timewalking, Brawler's Guild return, Micro-holidays, Blade's Edge Arena update, class updates
- Patch 7.2.0: The Tomb of Sargeras: return to Broken Shore, Legion Assaults, Flying!, class mounts for each class, Tomb of Sargeras raid, Cathedral of Eternal Night dungeon, PvP Brawls
- Diablo 20th Anniversary
- Recreating the original Diablo in Diablo III: The Darkening of Tristram event (reoccurring in January every year)
- New zones: Shrouded Moors, Temple of the Firstborn
- Diablo III: Rise of the Necromancer DLC which introduces the Necromancer class to Diablo III
- New animated cinematic short "Infiltration" featuring Sombra, Reaper and Widowmaker.
- New hero: Sombra
- New maps: Oasis, Ecopoint: Antarctica
- New feature: Arcade
- Mean Streets of Gadgetzan is the next expansion.
- New Brawl map: Blackheart's Revenge
- New hero trailer: "Forged by Fire" featuring Ragnaros and Varian Wrynn
- New heroes: Ragnaros and Varian
Features and schedule
- 11:00AM-12:00PM: Opening Ceremony
- 12:30-1:15PM: Hearthstone - What's Next?
- 12:30-1:30PM: StarCraft II - Foundation for the Future
- 1:30-2:15PM: Overwatch - What's New
- 2:00-3:00PM: Heroes of the Storm - Hero Deep Dive
- 2:45-3:45PM: World of Warcraft: Legion - What's Next
- 3:15-4:15PM: Overwatch Animated Shorts
- 4:00-4:45PM: Heroes of the Storm - State of the Game
- 5:45-6:45PM: StarCraft II Multiplayer
- 5:00-5:45PM: Diablo 20th Anniversary
- 6:00-8:30PM: Contests
- 10:00-11:00AM: The Future of StarCraft II AI
- 10:00-11:00AM: Overwatch - Play By Sound
- 11:30AM-12:30PM: Blizzard 25th Anniversary - A Look Back
- 11:30-12:30PM: Hearthstone Q&A
- 1:00-2:00PM: World of Warcraft: Legion - Design Retrospective
- 2:00-3:00PM: Building Worlds - Inside Blizzard Publishing
- 2:30-3:30PM: Blizzard College Esports - Behind the Scenes
- 2:30-3:30PM: In-Game Cinematics - The Cutscenes of Legion
- 4:00-5:00PM: World of Warcraft Q&A
- 4:00-5:00PM: Diablo III - Dev Talk and Q&A
- 5:15-6:15PM: Overwatch Q&A
- 6:30-9:30PM: Closing Ceremony
- $199.00 USD per ticket (same as BlizzCon 2015)
- $39.99 USD per virtual ticket (same as BlizzCon 2015)
- Sold in two batches:
The event's goodie bag includes the following items:
- A BlizzCon-themed drinking stein.
- A set of Diablo-themed dice with bag.
- A Hearthstone microfiber cleaning cloth.
- A Heroes of the Storm Elite Tauren Chieftain guitar pick keychain.
- An Overwatch inflatable Reinhardt hammer.
- A StarCraft overlord antenna topper.
- A two-sided World of Warcraft coaster.
- World of Warcraft: and — There comes a time when every murloc must choose a side. Will you mrglgglllgl for the Horde alongside Legionnaire Murky, or dive into battle for the Alliance at Knight-Captain Murky’s command?
- StarCraft II: Mystery Goodies — Show your opponents you were at BlizzCon with a new portrait—and as a bonus, be among the first to unlock a fun new piece of upcoming StarCraft II content.‡
- Diablo III: Diablo 20th Anniversary Pet — Celebrate two decades of terror with this anniversary-themed Diablo pet, based on the Dark Lord's design from the original game. †
- Hearthstone: "Welcome Inn" Card Back — Pull up a chair by the fireside at BlizzCon’s Hearthstone Tavern, then play a few hands with this year’s convention-innspired card back.
- Heroes of the Storm: Nexus Tiger Mount — Introducing the latest BlizzCon mount to add to your menagerie—the Nexus Tiger! Dash onto the Battlegrounds riding this ferocious beast and show the opposing team they’re in for a fight.
- Overwatch: BlizzCon 2016 Bastion Skin — A curious automaton has been spotted exploring the halls of a local gaming convention. Cosplay as a BlizzCon-bound Bastion unit in your next match of Overwatch with this commemorative skin. †
† Diablo III in-game content is for PC/Mac versions only. To obtain the Overwatch in-game content for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, players must have linked their Battle.net account to a PlayStation Network account or Xbox Live account respectively.
‡ The portrait was related to D.Va from Overwatch that also came with a bonus goodie: the D.Va Announcer. The announcer was made available later for purchase on the Blizzard Shop while the portrait stayed exclusive to those who attended or bought the virtual ticket.
- The Upgraded Vikings - First place Blizzcon 2016 movie contest
- The Conflict of Warchieves - BlizzCon 2016 Movie Contest Second place winner
- Final Boss - 3rd Place BlizzCon 2016 Movie Contest
- Run Orc Run
- Leeroy's Revenge
- BlizzCon 2016 Contest Entry [Machinima Movie]
- Blood Raven
- Battle above Haven (StarCraft II)
- Soldier of Azeroth
- Naval Operation: Behind the Scenes
- The Power of Dumb
- Overmunch Cereal Commercial
- Overwatch: Assemble
- Despair - A WoW 3D Animation by Pivotal
- ^ a b The BlizzCon Book: A Celebration of Our Community, pg. 76
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment 2016-09-15. GET A SNEAK PEEK AT THE BLIZZCON® 2016 IN-GAME GOODIES. Blizzard Entertainment. Retrieved on 2016-09-18.
- ^ Blizzard 25th Anniversary and Diablo® 20th Anniversary Party at BlizzCon® 2016. Blizzard Entertainment (2016-11-02). Retrieved on 2019-07-20.
- ^ a b Snag a BlizzCon Goody Bag (in a Box) with the Virtual Ticket. Blizzard Entertainment (2016-07-25). Retrieved on 2018-09-27.
- ^ 2016-07-21, BLIZZCON 2016 GOODY BAG. Blizzpro, retrieved on 2016-07-22
- ^ BlizzCon In-Game Goodies: D.Va Announcer and Portrait!. Blizzard Entertainment (2016-10-17). Retrieved on 2018-11-03.