Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Blizzard SMS Protect
|This article is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
Blizzard SMS Protect is a mobile feature for one's Blizzard account. The feature sends notifications via text message when important changes have been made on the account.
Why should I use it?
When one can't log in, one can receive texts that can:
- Unlock the Blizzard account
- Remove a lost authenticator
- Recover the account name
- Approve a password reset
In addition, one can receive SMS notifications to help keep the account safe.
- Get a text message if the account is locked by a suspicious login attempt.
- Know immediately if the password has been changed.
- Be alerted when security features are changed on the account.
Eligibility & Limitations
It is designed for text-enabled cell phones. A Blizzard account can be linked to a single mobile number for SMS Protect. If the original phone was lost but plan to replace it and keep the same mobile number, SMS Protect can continue to work as it has before, since it's associated with that phone number rather than the device itself.
- A phone number can only be attached to one Blizzard account.
- SMS Protect messages are sent via text. Messaging apps like iMessage (iOS) or WhatsApp (iOS, Android) are not supported.
- Cell phones with prepaid plans may not work with the SMS Protect service.
- SMS Protect cannot be used with Voice over IP (VoIP), and VoIP numbers that are transferred to a local provider are not eligible for the service.