References to Warcraft
- Complete statues of Khadgar, Alleria Windrunner, General Turalyon, Kurdran Wildhammer, and Danath Trollbane.
The following Warcraft areas have attractions or districts that can at least be partially visited in the in-game map: Flight to Duskwood, Booty Bay, Snaxxramas, Stone Cairn Lake, Valley of Heroes, Ancient Curios, Fargodeep Mine. While not strictly canon to Warcraft, the Hearthstone inn is also there.
Even though not depicted in the in-game map, many attractions shown in the in-universe map of Blizzard World are Warcraft references, including:
- Stormwind City's Mage District, moonwell, Wizard's Sanctum, Pestle's Apothecary shop, Stockade and Auction House.
- Orgrimmar's siege and zeppelin landing. The Gates of Orgrimmar can be seen from afar.
- Blackrock Mountain, the Darkmoon Faire, Murloc Island.
From BlizzCon 2017
Replica of the Valley of Heroes
Flight to Duskwood signage
The Fargodeep Mine
The Booty Bay area
Murloc Island is in the Stone Cairn Lake, Darkmoon Ferris wheel and Gates of Orgrimmar in the background
- The map is an in-universe representation of Blizzard Entertainment's IPs. The concept can be seen as a parody/homage of Disney World and other similar theme parks.
- The idea for the map came from BlizzCon 2015, when Chris Metzen discussed the idea of a Blizzard-themed park. The idea for a map based on such an idea was taken up by the Overwatch developers.
- ^ 2017-11-12, BlizzCon 2017 Overwatch: What’s Next Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2017-11-18
- Blizzard World on Overwatch Gamepedia