|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
The creation of the blood-tempered ranseur required a variety of rare and volatile materials, resulting in a fearsome weapon of superior craftsmanship. To properly temper the metal of the ranseurs, they had to be quenched in the blood of a powerful demon.
- The equivalent of this weapon for Alliance paladins was the .
- In the lore, Lady Liadrin, the leader of the Blood Knights, was presented with a Blood-Tempered Ranseur when she became the first of her order. The weapon, more deadly than the stave she had wielded as a priestess and more elegant than the truncheon she had favored as a warrior, felt right in her hands. It symbolized the balance that she, and indeed all blood elves, must seek to master.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): No longer obtainable.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Item level increased from 23 to 27.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.