- For the Bloodstone ore, see Bloodstone ore.
Previously dropped from most of the Bristleback quilboar and from mining/herbing in the Barrens, these shards can now only be looted from Bristleback Thornweavers. These shards no longer have a purpose.
- [16-18] Bristleback Hunter in The Barrens
- [16-17] Bristleback Water Seeker in The Barrens
- [18-19] Bristleback Thornweaver in The Barrens
- [18-20] Bristleback Geomancer in The Barrens
They can frequently be found when mining copper and tin veins in the Barrens.
Blood Shards can be turned in to Mangletooth, a caged Razormane Quilboar in Camp Taurajo for a variety of quests. You must complete first. After completing that one, you can get any of the other 6 quests.