Blood Thirsty Challenge
The Blood Thirsty Challenge is a challenge, similar to the Ironman Challenge, of gameplay where one must make a character in very unusual circumstances. It consists of armor, weapon, quest, addon, specialization, potion and food regulations. Most importantly, death is prohibited, lest you restart at level one.
- Do Not Die! - the most important rule of the challenge.
- Minimal Quests Completed - You are allowed to complete up to 10 quests per level until level 10 and then 3 quests per level from level 11+ before becoming flagged.
- No Potions, Elixirs, or Flasks used. This includes Healthstones, unless a warlock.
- Your Killing Blow / Total Kills percentage must be 50% or higher.
- Kills that grant Experience or Honor must be past a certain threshold: 10 kills / Level up until Level 10 and then (Level * 2) + Floor (Level / 10) for Level 11+... cumulative. For a level 10 character this means you need 100 kills. For a level 30 952 kills in total and for max level 10,549.
- Cannot join a party, raid or group with the intent of getting help to further yourself in the challenge.
- No Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, Cataclysm, Pandaria dungeons or raids completed.
- No Battlegrounds or Arenas allowed.
- Cannot be a member of a Guild that is higher than Level 1.
- No Primary Professions allowed.
- No Secondary Professions allowed EXCEPT FIRST AID.
- No Talents, Specs or Glyphs allowed.
- Skills you have from your class (like Warlock Healthstones or Death Knight weapon enchants) ARE ALLOWED since these are available to your class without having to pick a talent, spec or glyph.
- No more than 9 pet battles.
- No gear higher than White quality.
- No enchantments on your gear (DK Rune Empowerment is an exception as it is a class skill).
- Shirts are allowed.
- Tabards are allowed as long as they do not provide a boost / gain / skill that your character wouldn't normally have. These tabards are NOT allowed:
- Argent Crusader's Tabard - allows you to teleport to Argent Tournament.
- Baradin's Wardens Tabard - allows you to teleport to Baradin's Hold Alliance Camp.
- Hellscream's Reach Tabard - allows you to teleport to Baradin's Hold Horde Camp.
- Cannot boost your character.
- No food or other external buffs are allowed. Class abilities, racials and personal buffs (eg. Kings if you're a Paladin) are okay!
- No Refer-a-Friend or other XP-boosting activites, gear or buffs (Darkmoon Faire, Herilooms, Garrison potion, etc).
- No combat or leveling guide add-ons.
- The heirloom mount *should not* be used before level 20, since your character wouldn't normally have access to riding if they were a brand new character on a new battle.net account.
- All mounts, after level 20.
- All bags/containers
- All quests (including holiday and daily quests)
- You may train and use all your class skills (including your own buffs)
Octavian, using a troll hunter by the name of Kripparrian on the Turalyon realm was the first person to complete this challenge from level 1 to 85.