Blood of the North
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
Blood of the North is a Death knight talent acquired by specializing in the Frost Tree. It permanently converts both Blood Runes into Death Runes, effectively removing from a Frost Death Knight's rotation and allowing more powerful strikes to be used instead.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Hotfix (2015-07-10): "Fixed an issue with Blood of the North that could cause Death Runes to incorrectly revert back into Blood Runes."
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Now permanently converts both Blood Runes into Death Runes. There is no longer any proc interaction with required to activate Death Runes.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Redesigned and moved to Frost tree specialization.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Reduced to a 3-point talent. Increases Blood Strike and Frost Strike damage by 5/10/15%. There is now a 30/60/100% chance whenever you hit with Blood Strike or Pestilence that the Blood Rune will become a Death Rune when it activates.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now also increases damage dealt by Frost Strike by 15%.