Bloodlord Mandokir (tactics)
- For character biography and background, see Bloodlord Mandokir. For the original incarnation of the encounter, see Bloodlord Mandokir (Classic).
|Race||Jungle troll (Humanoid)|
Bloodlord Mandokir is a boss of the level 85 version of Zul'Gurub. He can still be found near his old location, but he now has a small arena where he fights against the players, as the path to his old fighting area has collapsed.
The infamous Bloodlord Mandokir died a torturous death before Bloodscalp trolls desecrated his body years ago. Word has now spread that Mandokir walks the jungles of Stranglethorn yet again, using the corpse of the mighty Bloodscalp chieftain Gan'zulah as a host for his malevolent spirit.
Attacks & Abilities
- Decapitate — Bloodlord Mandokir charges and Decapitates his target, inflicting 14625000 to 15375000 Physical damage.
- Level Up — Whenever Bloodlord Mandokir kills a player, he 'Levels Up', increasing his damage dealt by 20%. Stacks up to 99 times.
- Devastating Slam — Bloodlord Mandokir leaps into the air preparing to make a Devestating Slam which inflicts 190125 to 199875 Physical damage to enemies in front of him! 2 sec cast.
- Bloodletting — Causes a ritual of blood on the target, draining 50% of the target's current health every 2 sec for 10 sec. Bloodlord Mandokir is healed for 50% of the amount of damage dealt. A minimum of 7500 health will be leeched.
- Frenzy — Bloodlord Mandokir goes into a frenzy, increasing his attack speed by 100% and decreases the cooldown of Decapitate. Used at 20% health.
- Ohgan — Ohgan is Bloodlord Mandokir's trusty Raptor. The undead Ohgan sees and kills the Chained Spirits when Mandokir orders him to do so.
- Ohgan's Orders — Bloodlord Mandokir dismounts from Ohgan and instructs him to kill the Chained Spirits in the area. If Ohgan reaches a Chained Spirit, he kills it and acquires a new Chained Spirit as his target.
- Reanimate Ohgan — Orders Ohgan to stand and fight! Revives Ohgan with 100% health. 2.5 sec cast.
- Chained Spirit — Eight Chained Spirits stand ready to aid the players against Bloodlord Mandokir. Chained Spirits perform Revive on dead players during the fight.
- Revive — Chained Spirits periodically bring dead players back to life and then empower them with Spirit's Vengeance.
- Spirit's Vengeance — The Vengence of the Chained Spirit has increased your total health, damage and healing done by 25%, additionally it decreases damage receieved by 10%. Only cast on dead players. Stacks up to 10 times.
Bloodlord Mandokir will begin mounted on his raptor, Ohgan. His main ability is to Decapitate a random player and kill them instantly. This is completely unavoidable except for immunity spells such as Ice Block. When a player dies, a Chained Spirit on the arena edges will run up to their corpse and revive them with bonus health, damage, healing and reduced damage taken. Once the first Chained Spirit is used up, Mandokir will dismount his raptor and send him to kill the spirits helping you out. All DPS should focus fire this raptor before it kills any of the spirits. Mandokir will eventually revive the raptor after it dies so DPS need to pay attention.
His other abilities to watch out for are Devastating Slam. This makes a huge patch of rumbling earth appear in a random player's direction. When this appears, everyone has to get out of it quickly or they will die.
His other ability is Bloodletting. He will target a random player and deal damage equal to half their current health every 2 seconds for 10 sec. This spell always deals at least 7500 damage, which means that it will deal a total of at least 120,000 damage over the course of the effect (the target will need to have started with at least 120,016 health in order to reliably survive). Don't heal the target of Bloodletting heavily, but do give them enough healing to keep them alive, since Bloodletting can now easily kill its targets.
At 20%, Mandokir will frenzy, doubling his attack speed and allowing him to Decapitate more often. This is a burn phase and healing intensive, so players should save some cooldowns for this part.
- Make peace, worms. I be deliverin' you to Hakkar myself!
- Killing A Player
- Ha ha ha! Is that all you got?
- Your broken body belongs to Hakkar!
- Fall to my feet. Fall to Mandokir, the bloodlord!
- Off with your head!
- Heads gonna roll!
- Level Up
- Bloodlord Mandokir yells: Ding!
- Jin'do the Godbreaker yells: Hey! Grats, mon!
- Dismounting Ohgan
- Go an' get dem, Ohgan! We WON'T be fooled again!
- Resurrecting Ohgan
- Rise, Ohgan! Rise, and fight for your master!
- My blood feeds Hakkar! My soul... feeds... Jin'do!
- Players killed by Decapitate will not suffer durability damage. Furthermore, with the perk, dying in such a fashion actually repairs items.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2011-04-29): "Ohgan will no longer fail to target and kill Chained Spirits if he is stunned at certain times."
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Added.