Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Now has a consistent chance to Enrage you, instead of relying on critical strikes.
- Hotfix (2017-06-13): "Bloodthirst's heal is reduced by 25% in PvP situations."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Damage increased by 8%.
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "
- Bloodthirst damage increased by 12%.
- Bloodthirst's heal is no longer reduced in PvP."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer has an additional 40% chance to be a critical strike. Damage increased by 350%, now restores 4% of maximum health (up from 1%).
- Hotfix (2014-12-08): "Bloodthirst's damage has increased by 20%, and has an additional 40% chance to be a critical strike (up from 30%)."
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Damage reduced by 17%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- 's effects have been merged into baseline Bloodthirst and no longer reduce 's global cooldown. Its spell alert has moved to the top slot instead of the left and right slots, and now has 2 charges (down from 3 charges).
- Bloodthirst now replaces for Fury Warriors.
- Bloodthirst now has 30% additional Critical Strike chance (instead of double the normal Critical Strike chance).
- Hotfix (2013-09-23): "Bloodthirst's damage has been increased by 20%."
- Hotfix (2012-09-20): "Bloodthirst now does 90% weapon damage (down from 100%)."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now generates 10 Rage instead of consuming Rage and restores health on hit rather on next 3 attacks. Has double the normal chance to be a critical strike.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Damage has been increased by approximately 30%.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.
- Patch 3.1.3 (2009-06-02): Cooldown reduced from 5 seconds to 4 seconds, and rage cost reduced from 30 rage to 20 rage.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Charges have been decreased to 3, but the effect has been raised to 1% per charge.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Cooldown reduced to 5 sec. Percentage of damage from attack power raised from 45% to 50%.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now restores health based on a % of total health.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): This ability will now correctly benefit from attack power bonuses versus specific creature types.
- Patch 1.6.1 (2005-08-02): Damage bonus increased to 40% of attack power.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Design changed. Bloodthirst is now an instant melee attack that causes damage equal to 30% of the warrior's attack power. In addition, the next 5 successful melee attacks will restore health.