Body and Soul is a level 30 Discipline and Shadow priest talent.
For Discipline it also affects [Leap of Faith].
- Useful in both PvE and PvP.
- Assists vulnerable and low-health targets by allowing them to escape danger more rapidly.
- Battleground Flag Carriers in particular can benefit from this buff, allowing them to outrun pursuers and reach their goal more quickly. However, care must always be taken that Flag Carriers do not outrun their escort (especially healers) thus rendering themselves vulnerable.
- Can be used to counterbalance snares, although [Dispel Magic] or [Mass Dispel] may be preferred.
- Priests engaged in PvP (particularly 1 on 1) may wish to time their Power Word: Shield casts in order to make use of the speed buff, allowing them to put some distance between themselves and their opponent.
- The runspeed increase is useful on certain boss encounters, where any player must move quickly to avoid hazards or obstacles in the area.
- Additionally, while on foot, this talent allows repeated self-casting of Power Word: Shield (every 7.5 seconds) to effectively grant the priest an overall 27% buff to their movement speed. This can be useful in any situation where mounting is not possible or is not desired; while outrunning enemies, while carrying a Flag, or simply to save time traversing Dungeons or indoor areas.
- Can be used to increase speed/distance traveled while levitating in situations where mounting is not possible, such as in combat or indoor areas.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Holy priests. Now increases movement speed by 40% (down from 60%) for 3 seconds (down from 4 seconds).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer causes Cure Disease to cleanse poison effects.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): [Abolish Disease] has been removed from the game. Body and Soul now works with [Cure Disease] instead.
- Hotfix (2011-02-18): "Body and Soul no longer reduces the mana cost of Power Word: Shield (the hotfix made on February 16 to provide this additional benefit has been reverted)."
- Hotfix (2011-02-16): "In addition to its current effects, the Body and Soul talent now grants 12.5%/25% reduction to the base mana cost of Power Word: Shield. This is not reflected in the tooltip, but is reflected in the amount of mana used when Power Word: Shield is cast by Holy priests who have this talent. The tooltip update will require a client-side patch."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Moved to tier 5, now also affects [Leap of Faith].
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Added.