|It is requested that a screenshot or screenshots be included in this article to improve its quality.|
Bombers are fixed-wing flying machines that were originally depicted as being of gnomish origin, but goblins have now been shown to use them too. Many crash sites can be found around Azeroth where these machines have succumbed to their delicate builds.
In Wrath of the Lich King, bombers were to be included as siege weapons in Wintergrasp. They were based on the gnomish model with tandem seating and the upper wing being removed, the second seat replacing the boiler. A fighter plane based on the dwarven flying machine was also planned. Both of these vehicles didn't make it out of the beta stage, although the edited model originally planned for the Wintergrasp bomber was reused in other occasions.
Examples of airfields or bomber launching pads can be found at the Ironforge Hall of Arms, Ironforge Airfield, Gnomeregan Launch Bay, Toxic Airfield, Fizzcrank Airstrip, Strongarm Airstrip, the Venture Co. Copter Pad, and Bael Modan. Many dwarven keeps possess a complement of these crafts in addition to their other amenities. Naval carriers can also transport full squadrons of gyrocopters and bombers.
- Fizzcrank Bomber - Borean Tundra
- Harry's Bomber - Howling Fjord
- Wintergrasp Bomber - Wintergrasp (removed since beta)
- Spitzpatrick's Bomber - Icecrown
- Alliance Infra-green Bomber - Icecrown
- Horde Infra-green Bomber - Icecrown
- Skybreaker Troop Transport - Icecrown
- Kor'kron Troop Transport - Icecrown
- Skybreaker Recon Fighter - Icecrown
- Gnomeregan Multi-Bomber - Dun Morogh
- Ironforge Bomber - Dun Morogh
- Repaired Bomber - Dun Morogh
- Pride of Kezan - Lost Isles
- Gnomeregan Stealth Fighter - Lost Isles
- Wings of Steel - Azshara
- Gnomish Bomber - Stonetalon Mountains
- Explorers' League Biplane - Cape of Stranglethorn
- Schnottz Bomber - Uldum
- Carrier Bomber - Shadowmoon Valley, Frostfire Ridge
- Goblin Bomber - Tanaris
- Expedition Transport
- Taking the flightpath from Fizzcrank Airstrip in the Borean Tundra will replace the usual gryphon mount with a bomber.
- The pilot of a bomber is sometimes called a bombardier.
- They first appeared in the artwork of the Battle.net map Bomber Command for The Frozen Throne.
- Patch 8.2.0 (2019-06-25): New model added.