|It has been suggested that this article or section be split into two or more articles.
Southern Cape of Stranglethorn
- “This booming coastal city is run by Baron Revilgaz of the Blackwater Raiders. Mortal enemies of the Bloodsail Buccaneers and part of the Steamwheedle Cartel.”
- — Faction in-game description
Booty Bay is a large pirate port city nestled into the cliffs surrounding a beautiful blue lagoon on the southern tip of Stranglethorn Vale. The city is entered by traversing through the bleached-white jaws of a giant shark.
- 1 History
- 2 Travel connections
- 3 Quests
- 4 Reputation
- 5 In Warcraft III
- 6 In the RPG
- 7 Notes and trivia
- 8 Speculation
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Patch changes
- 11 See also
- 12 References
- 13 External links
The area was previously known as the Blackwater Cove and was described as a large, sheltered, semi-circular cove surrounded by cliffs at the southern end of Stranglethorn Vale. It was a former small port town inhabited by humans which was overrun by jungle trolls. Eventually, the goblins of the Steamwheedle Cartel managed to drive out the trolls from the immediate area to claim the shores of the cove for their new center for operations in the Eastern Kingdoms — Booty Bay. This happened prior to the First War, as Booty Bay was already territory of the Steamwheedle Cartel by then.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
Run by the Blackwater Raiders who are closely associated with the Steamwheedle Cartel, the port offers facilities to any traveler passing through, regardless of their faction. Combined with the world renowned Salty Sailor Tavern, it is one of the most popular locations in Azeroth.
Baron Revilgaz, ruler of this city, is hiring all the help he can get against the pesky Bloodsail Buccaneers and other threats of the city. He resides, together with the leader of the Blackwater Raiders, Fleet Master Seahorn, at the top of the inn of Booty Bay.
The water there occasionally has floating wreckage and schools of fish. The Schools that are most often are Firefin Snappers, Oily Blackmouths, and Stonescale Eels. Fishing in the floating wreckage will also give you very high chances of fishing out chests and items, making Booty Bay an ideal place for fishing.
Booty Bay is located at Blackwater Cove, a large, sheltered, semi-circular cove surrounded by cliffs at the southern end of Stranglethorn Vale. It was former small port town inhabited by humans which was overrun by trolls. Eventually, the goblins managed to drive out the trolls from the immediate area to claim the shores of the cove for their new center for operations in the Eastern Kingdoms — Booty Bay.
During the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza, level 71 Booty Bay Elites are present, guarding the fishing questgivers.
Legends: An Honest Trade
At some point, a famous dwarven blacksmith, Nori Blackfinger, lived and had a shop called Black Finger in the town. It is unknown what happened with the shop after Nori's presumed death.
Pearl of Pandaria
Li Li arrived in Booty Bay, which Chen had told her about in his letters as a place where many of his adventures had begun. In the Salty Sailor Tavern, a gnome privateer recognized her as a pandaren and said he hadn't seen one since he met Chen Stormstout. Li Li bought the gnome drinks if he told her the tale; he was part of a crew that attacked a ship from Stormwind that Chen happened to be on. While Chen fought them all off, the gnome stole a small box from him which he still had. Li Li demanded the gnome hand it over to her, threatening to knock out his teeth and also promising to buy him another beer. As she turned to leave with her prize, Strongbo appeared and told her to return to the Wandering Isle. Li Li, having expected him, told a pair of goblin bruisers that he took her rocket mount. As Bo fought them off, Li Li ran off into the jungles of Stranglethorn Vale on her way to Stormwind and the ship Chen was on.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
Tensions between Booty Bay and the Bloodsail Buccaneers have come to a head.
The statue of Baron Revilgaz was partially damaged due to a tidal wave caused by the Cataclysm, exposing hidden treasure inside. The large red cannons have fallen into the sea, and flotsam and jetsam can be seen littered around the harbor. Booty Bay has been partially damaged.
Vol'jin once visited the town in order to warn Revilgaz about the new threat of the trolls.
During , as soon as the is collected, Booty Bay turns into a phased area where the whole town is on fire, the port is blockaded, and Brashtide Raiders storm the area. Many NPCs are still in town, many of those based outside showing themselves to be in terror, others have stationed themselves outside their buildings ready for a fight.
Quest for Pandaria
|This section is a lore stub.|
This section concerns content related to Legion.
- See Stranglethorn Quests.
|Quests||500||x 40 and x 4|
|Mobs||2.5||12.5 Rep for Named NPCs|
|2.5||7.5 Rep for Named NPCs|
|2.5||12.5 Rep for Named NPCs|
|2.5||12.5 Rep for Named NPCs|
|5||25 Rep for Named NPCs ; unnamed until honored only|
|5||Only those in Stranglethorn Vale and Grizzly Hills|
In Warcraft III
In the RPG
This dangerous little town is the home base for the pirates who traffic off the southwestern coast of Azeroth. Inhabited mostly by goblins and ruled by Baron Revilgaz, Booty Bay is home to the Blackwater Raiders, a group of notorious pirates comprised of goblins, humans, and many others who swore them allegiance. After a raid, these pirates send their loot up the road to the Arena to sell, or even further into Azeroth.
Notes and trivia
- During the alpha phase of World of Warcraft's initial development, Booty Bay was named Blackwater Cove and was designed differently. However, with the way boat transportation was going to work, change was needed. Booty Bay was one of the first areas that got textured in-game and was used as a proving ground for many of WoW's frame rate issues.
- The favored pet of the goblins of Booty Bay is the senegal, renowned for its ability to count coins, tally budgets, and lie about contracts.
- The bay features as an attraction in the Blizzard World map in Overwatch.
Blackwater Cove was presumably one Stormwind's settlements that sparked the Gurubashi War. This war was sparked when Stormwind made settlements in Stranglethorn and angered the Gurubashi trolls, which matches the description of trolls driving humans out of Blackwater Cove before it became Booty Bay.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): The quests and give no more reputation.
- ^ a b c
- ^ a b c : Most likely Velinde found a trading vessel in Ratchet to take her to Blackwater Cove in Azeroth.
- ^ The World of Warcraft Townhall/World Map
- ^ Original Stranglethorn Vale description
- ^ The Artistry of World of Warcraft: Stranglethorn Vale (PC)
- ^ : Velinde. Booked passage to Booty Bay on the Black Osprey.
- ^ File:Chronicle2 Eastern Kingdoms Before the First War.jpg
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Comic Prologue
- ^ 'Official Blizzard Warcraft 3 multiplayer maps from the game and its expansion.
- ^ Lands of Conflict pg. 56
- ^ Alliance Player's Guide pg. 159
- ^ Countdown To Classic: Episode #63 – The Making Of World Of Warcraft With Vanilla Dev, John Staats (around 2:32:00) (2018-08-20). Retrieved on 2018-09-24.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2, pg. 106