|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Boralus (pronounced "bohr-AH-luhs") is the capital and largest city of the island kingdom of Kul Tiras. It is located on a large strait within the central region of Tiragarde Sound. Boralus serves as the seat of House Proudmoore, and as a center of trade and military power for the entire nation. Standing as one of the largest ports on Azeroth, the city possesses its own unique personality. A safe port of call in unsafe waters, Boralus Harbor is, aside from Proudmoore Keep, the most heavily guarded part of the city. Merchants from all over Azeroth dock here to trade their goods. It is usually the only place most visitors ever get to see. Recently, it has been characterized by political squabbling and criminal activity, and has become a focus of the Blood War and an important territory for the Alliance.
Boralus is located on a cluster of small islands in the eastern part of Tiragarde Sound.
- Will Melborne <Ferry Master>
- Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth <Wind's Redemption>
- Kate Banks <Dockmaster>
- Joan Weber <Flight Master>
- Wesley Rockhold <Innkeeper>
- Warpweaver Ezil <Transmogrifier>
- Razzi the Shaper <Azerite Reforger>
- Leila Stafford <Stable master>
- Stormwind City, Eastern Kingdoms (The Relentless)
- Xibala, Zuldazar, Zandalar (Wind's Redemption, requires Zuldazar foothold)
- Fort Victory, Nazmir, Zandalar (Wind's Redemption, requires Nazmir foothold)
- Shatterstone Harbor, Vol'dun, Zandalar (Wind's Redemption, requires Vol'dun foothold)
In the RPG
Boralus, Kul Tiras’ capital, lies on the island’s west coast. The city's population has dwindled since Jaina's and Daelin's exodus, and many houses and surrounding farms lie empty. Currently the city's population stands at four-thousand heads. The people have drawn in away from the fringes and toward the coast; one can wander for a short while through the abandoned residential districts and market places in the city's east side. An ideal place for a secret society or hidden cabal, the town was eerily quiet.
Still, Boralus is a friendly enough harbor, though almost all its citizens carry long knives to "gut the murlocs and naga". Kul Tiras's diminished fleet patrols the waterways leading to the harbor, so merchants from Southshore, Menethil Harbor and (rarely) Kalimdor make Boralus a regular stop.
Notes and trivia
- Kennings Lodge in Tiragarde Sound is the largest supplier of furs and leather to Boralus.
- A group of gnomes lived in Boralus. However, some time ago they all went missing. Their abandoned machinery still inhabits the Abandoned Junkheap in Tiragarde Sound.
- Boralus is the only human capital to not share a name with its nation (e.g. Stormwind, Gilneas).
- Despite having a capital with a different name than the nation, Kul Tiras is still described as a city-state.
- Before the geography of the island was retroactively changed in Battle for Azeroth, Kul Tiras was the name of the capital and not Boralus. The name Boralus only existed in the non-canonical RPG to refer to the capital of Kul Tiras.
- In the StarCraft universe, Boralis is the name of the capital city of the planet Braxis.
Concept art of the Great Gate in Boralus' harbor.
Kul Tiras during the Invasion of Draenor.
Kul Tiras' position in World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1
Retcon of Kul Tiras' position in World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3