|This article concerns content exclusive to Battle for Azeroth and is subject to change at any time as development progresses.
This article should only contain officially released content, such as beta and press release content. See Wowpedia's policy on posting unreleased content.
Boralus (pronounced "bohr-AH-luhs") is the capital city of Kul Tiras. It located on the mouth of a river or strait running through Tiragarde Sound. Boralus is a safe port of call in unsafe waters. The outer wall hosts a marketplace that is second to none. Merchants from all over Azeroth dock here to trade their goods. For most visitors, the market is all they ever see of Boralus. Beyond the Great Gate lies the city proper, and very few outsiders are allowed inside.
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
The city's population has dwindled since Jaina's and Daelin's exodus, and many houses and surrounding farms lie empty. Currently the city's population stands at four-thousand heads. The people have drawn in away from the fringes and toward the coast; one can wander for a short while through the abandoned residential districts and market places in the city's east side. An ideal place for a secret society or hidden cabal, the town was eerily quiet.
Still, Boralus is a friendly enough harbor, though almost all its citizens carry long knives to "gut the murlocs and naga". Kul Tiras's diminished fleet patrols the waterways leading to the harbor, so merchants from Southshore, Menethil Harbor and (rarely) Kalimdor make Boralus a regular stop.
Notes & trivia
- It was originally stated that Kul Tiras is a city-state like most other human kingdoms. Battle for Azeroth stated that the capital of the Kul Tiras continent is Boralus alluding the RPG description.
- It could be speculated that since its establishment up to the Third War or its aftermath, Kul Tiras was considered a city-state, and was later transformed into the capital city of Boralus during the World of Warcraft era.
- The dot on the Warcraft II map labeled as "Kul Tiras" may be the current-day Boralus. Both are on the southeast parts of the island. Chronicle Volume 1 moved the dot to a central location.
Kul Tiras during the Invasion of Draenor.
Kul Tiras' position in World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1.
Concept art of the Great Gate in Boralus' harbor.
- ^ BlizzCon 2017, World of Warcraft | What's New
- ^ BlizzCon 2017, Alex Afrasiabi: "Within Tiragarde we will find the capital city of Kul Tiras, Boralus. This will also be the Alliance main base of operations..."
- ^ https://www.wowhead.com/news=281635/battle-for-azeroth-build-25976-broadcast-text-spoilers#jainas-story
- ^ Quest:A Grizzly End
- ^ Lands of Conflict, 102
- ^ Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, chapter 6: Her father, Admiral Daelin Proudmoore, ruled the city-state of Kul Tiras...
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1