- For the Warcraft: Orcs & Humans Orc campaign mission of the same name, see The Borderlands (WC1 Orc).
Both the Kingdom of Stormwind and the Orcish Horde launched assaults to secure them, from a stronghold outpost in the southeast of Elwynn Forest, and from a small outpost on the edge of the Swamp of Sorrows respectively.
- There is a multiplayer map in Warcraft III called Borderlands. The tileset is called "Ashenvale". Its description says: "This forest is inhabited by dark trolls, which scaled beasts snack on."
- The name "Borderlands" could have referred to the eastern border of the kingdom of Stormwind, or to the no-man's-land territory in between the two forces.
- This area might have been, or be part of Deadwind Pass, as it is north of Karazhan.
- The orc outpost could have Kyross or Splinterspear Junction while the human one could have been Beggar's Haunt.
Approximate area of the Borderlands (taken from the full map).