Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Brain Freeze is a passive level 28 Frost mage ability. It makes have a chance to grant an instant-cast that deals 50% more damage. At level 48 it also applies Winter's Chill, a debuff that acts as if the target is frozen.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Brain Freeze's delay has been modified so that it's no longer possible, with Haste, to land two Ice Lances during a single .
- Hotfix (2017-01-31): "Brain Freeze procs gained while you already have a Brain Freeze active and unused will now be delayed slightly."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25):
- Now also increases the damage of your next Flurry by 50%.
- Winter's Chill effect now learned at level 48.
- Hotfix (2016-08-08): "Brain Freeze now gives your Frostbolt a 15% chance to empower your next Flurry (was 10%)."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Redesigned. Now gives Frostbolt a 10% chance to cause the next Flurry to be instant cast and apply a debuff that causes the target to take damage from the mage's spells as if it were frozen.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now has a 15% increased chance to trigger on each multistrike (down from 25%).
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "
- Brain Freeze now increases the damage of Frostfire Bolt by 85% (up from 25%).
- Resolved an issue where the Brain Freeze effect would sometimes not be used up when casting Frostfire Bolt."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now increases Frostfire Bolt's damage by 25%, and can now stack up to 2 times. It also no longer triggers from the bomb talents, and instead has a 10% chance to trigger from Frostbolt casts. Each Multistrike of Frostbolt increases that cast's chance by an additional 25%. (Total of 60% on double-Multistrikes).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer triggered by chilling effects or affects Fireball. Now has a chance to trigger from Nether Tempest, Living Bomb, or Frost Bomb and act as if your target were frozen.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Can now proc from (Rank 2)
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now causes spells to no longer trigger , and causes to benefit from .
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): This talent now allows your next Fireball or Frostfire Bolt to be instant and cost no mana. There is a small internal cooldown to keep the Frostfire Bolt from immediately triggering Brain Freeze again.