|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about the brawls. The second rule...
The Brawler's Guild is an organization that arranges one on one battles between willing combatants, captured monsters, and other participants in gladiatorial combat. Being a neutral organization, members of the Horde and Alliance are both allowed to enter, rising through the Brawler's Guild ranks with more wins. Prizes are awarded at higher ranks. The fights are all solo PvE matches in which the players must adapt and use different strategies depending on which opponent they are currently facing, making the Brawler's Guild one of the most challenging PvE activities a player can attempt on their own.
On 27 November, patch 5.1 and the Brawler's Guild went live, and Community Manager Nethaera again confirmed how invites will be obtained. "Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the Black Market Auction House, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs." 
Upon reaching Rank 7 with Bizmo's Brawlpub or Brawl'gar Arena players will receive one ( / ) in the mail. The pass can be traded and sold on the Auction House to other players and is the only other means to gain access to the Brawler's Guild.
Using either invite, the account is flagged to join the Brawler's Guild, giving all characters on a player's account access to the guild. Future expansions will not get rid of this membership. Once you're in, you're in for life!
A nice little bonus is that once you reach rank 8, this gives you the right to go into the area for VIPs only.
Speak to any bouncer or look at the Queued for Brawl buff tooltip to see your spot in line. Then, wait until the queue pops - a boss emote will display warning that the next turn is the adventurer's:
- You are next in line!
There will be no warning upon getting teleported to the arena floor. The fight lasts two minutes before the arena itself will kill adventurers who take too long.
The queue system is built on a first come, first serve basis, with one exception: you will be placed one spot behind for your first fight for the day (current fight, next fight, and your fight). This rule is applied to all your eligible characters individually, not to your account.
After the match
Losers will have to be resurrected.
Normally, challengers will only fight the next higher-ranked gladiator until it is defeated or the challenger throws in the towel, but the addition of Challenge Cards gives challengers the opportunity to relive earlier fights. For the ranked fights, defeating a gladiator will unlock that gladiator's challenge card. There are also rare challenge cards, unlocked upon gaining higher ranks and completing quests that are started by items found in the world.
Season 3This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Patch 7.1.5 sees the return of the Brawler's Guild, with new challenges and rewards.
- Rank 1
- - In the other corner, a dwarf and his totally loyal companion who would NEVER harm its master. Ever.
- - And in the corner, it's not one, not two, but the THREE dwarves of the Warhammer Council!
- Rank 2
- - We also welcome everybody's favorite frosty feathered friend: Dippy!
- - And their challenger, Bill, the custodial engineer of death! Wait... what? Bill! What are you doing in there?
- - From deep within the bowels of Blackrock Mountain, it's Sanoriak, master of flame!
- - Kindly insert a gold coin for a battle with Master Paku!
- Rank 3
- - Oh, the huge manatee! It's here to seal the deal... DOOMFLIPPER!
- - Brawl'gar veterans may remember , the self-replicating ooze. Today, we meet his maener, uglier, older sister: Splat!
- - In the other corner, a master of both shadows AND interior lighting... it's Shadowmaster Aameen!
- - And in the other corner, a hunter of incomprehensible spectacular amazing splendor! It's Johnny Awesome!
- Rank 4
- - Get fired up for the djinn who will literally melt your heart, it's Burnstachio!
- - And... Meatball.
- - Their partnership was never meant to be. It actually makes me sick a little bit. Here comes GG Engineering!
- Rank 5
- - And now for some soul-pounding beats from the musical underground, it's Thwack U and his dancers!
- - Unfortunately, he's a little out of his element. Everybody raise your glass for Razorgrin!
- - The opposition includes some of Gnomeregan's finest... although they've all seen better days. It's the leper gnome quintet!
- - In the other corner, a pirate with a lethal definition of head cannon! Put your hooks together for Blackmange!
- Rank 6
- - In the other corner... a really big dinosaur!
- - Up next, it's Millie Watt! I used to date her in engineering school!
- - And in the other corner, it's the terrible trio... Hudson, Stuffshrew, and Dupree from the Ogrewatch Team!
- Rank 7
- - Aww... look at the cute little snake, Nibbleh! Go ahead, let him nibble on your toes. Let's see what happens.
- - In the other corner, a challenger so ancient he no one remembers his actual name. Let's call him Serpent of Old!
- - Now, choke on your own hubris!
- - And now for the challenger that cost us so much... it's Ray D. Tear!
As part of keeping the Brawler's Guild fresh, Patch 6.0.2 retuned the fights for level 100 players, putting an end to the first season of fights. When players reach level 100 they will find that their ranks have been reset to one and the fights have been changed around, with some bosses going away from the rank rotation completely and becoming Challenge Card fights, making a max of eight ranks again. For example, will now be a Rank 5 fight and is removed. Players will also find new achievements for reaching the higher ranks again, the old ones being moved to the new Legacy achievements tab.
Legacy fights are those that were part of Season 1, but were removed and made available only through challenge cards.
Below is a list of the fights in the first season of the Brawler's Guild that was for level 90 players during Mists of Pandaria.
- Rare Challenge Cards
All of these quests and sources were removed in Patch 7.0.3.
|Kun-Lai Summit||/dance with at Grummle Bazaar|
|Shadowmoon Valley||Sargerei-affiliated draenei at Socrethar's Rise and Shattrath City|
|Kun-Lai Summit||Kill hozen with on|
|Icecrown||Win pet battle against Level 25 elite Doopy|
|Brawler's Guilds||Buy and win|
|Valley of the Four Winds||Gather crops at Sunsong Ranch|
|Northern Barrens||Rare drop from level 90 Kor'kron mobs|
|Pandarian fishing pools||Fish of the day pools|
|Uldum (Tol'vir dig sites)||Or inside|
|Rank 1||Brawler's Ancient Healing Potion||2|
|Brawler's Potion of Prolonged Power||15|
|The First Rule of Brawler's Guild||Bizmo's Brawlpub in the Deeprun Tram.Get invited to brawl at||5|
|You Are Not Your $*@! Legplates||Win a brawl.||5|
|The Second Rule of Brawler's Guild||Bizmo's Brawlpub.Reach Rank 4 with||5 and Reward:|
|Bizmo's Brawlpub.Reach Rank 8 with||5 and Title Reward:'<Brawler>'|
|Obtain 20,000 .||5|
|Obtain 10 stacks of Vested Interest in the Brawler's Guild.||5|
|Defeat 10 bosses using random brawl mode in the Brawler's Guild.||5|
| Defeat all rumbles in the Brawler's Guild.
Season 1 and 2
|Hit an angry spectator in the head with an [Expired Blackout Brew].|
|Reach Rank 8 with Bizmo's Brawlpub/Brawl'gar Arena during the Pandaria campaign.|
|Reach Rank 8 with Bizmo's Brawlpub/Brawl'gar Arena during the Draenor campaign.|
|Earn the right to purchase challenge cards for the following Brawler's Guild bosses during the Draenor campaign.|
|Defeat the following Brawler's Guild bosses during the Pandaria campaign.|
|Defeat the following Brawler's Guild bosses during the Draenor campaign.|
|Win a brawl with ten stacks of You Stink! during the Draenor campaign.|
|Reach Rank 9 with Bizmo's Brawlpub/Brawl'gar Arena during the Pandaria campaign.|
|Reach Rank 10 with Bizmo's Brawlpub/Brawl'gar Arena during the Pandaria campaign.|
|Defeat the following rare brawl bosses during the Pandaria campaign.|
|Defeat the following rare brawl bosses during the Draenor campaign.|
|Take 's portal to Orgrimmar during the Draenor campaign.|
|Take 's portal to Stormwind during the Draenor campaign.||10|
|Get invited to brawl at Bizmo's Brawlpub in the Deeprun Tram/Brawl'gar Arena in Orgrimmar during the Draenor campaign.|
|Reach Rank 7 with Bizmo's Brawlpub/Brawl'gar Arena during the Pandaria campaign.|
|Reach Rank 7 with Bizmo's Brawlpub/Brawl'gar Arena during the Draenor campaign.|
|Win a brawl during the Pandaria campaign.|
|Win a brawl during the Draenor campaign.|
- The concept of the Brawler's Guild appears to be loosely inspired by the film Fight Club. In particular, the introduction lines "The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about brawls." and "If this is your first night at Brawler's Guild, you have to fight." are taken almost verbatim from the film. The developers have stated that the "Fight Club vibe" was an intended design aspect.
- Invitation to the Brawler's Guild was initially extremely limited, with invites only available as rare drops or from the Black Market Auction House. Part of the reason for this design was to reduce the rate at which players were able to access the Guild, due to concerns about server stability and the quality of the play experience with very large numbers of players involved. Knowing that the feature was eagerly anticipated, the developers designed the invitation system to allow players to "trickle into" the new content, "a little bit more slowly, a little bit more elegantly". Tom Chilton described the Brawler's Guild design as "a pretty heavy-handed method" of achieving this, although its secondary effect of initially making entry to the guild feel more selective and restricted was considered to be helpful in establishing the Guild's "Fight Club vibe".
- According to Ion Hazzikostas' speech at the BlizzCon 2016 What's Next Panel, the Brawler's Guild is "100% non-canon".
- As of patch 5.1, the Deeprun Tram is also the home to the Brawler's Guild for the Alliance, which is located on the Stormwind side of the tram.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-03-31): "The Stranglethorn Streak Brawl is unavailable."
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Brawler's Guild re-introduced with new challenges, new currency, and new items. (Offical blog)
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Season 1 of the Brawler's has come to a close and associated achievements have been converted into Feats of Strength.
- Fights will be unavailable while the Brawler's Guild is being refitted in preparation for Season 2 (available after Warlords of Draenor has launched.)
- Account-wide membership in Brawler's Guild will carry over to Season 2. Once a brawler, always a brawler!
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Test your might against two new tiers of bosses in the Brawl'gar Arena in Orgrimmar or Bizmo's Brawlpub in Stormwind.
- Hotfix (2012-11-29): "
- 's attacks will no longer sometimes strike spectators in the Brawl'gar Arena. His attacks will now properly strike opponents standing on the grates in this arena.
- 's health has been reduced by 10%, and his damage reduced by 35%.
- Certain short-term buffs, such as , are now cleared when entering the Brawler's Arena. Long term effects, such as , will persist.
- ^ Patch 5.1 PTR Coming Soon
- ^ Brawler's Guild Invitation Update
- ^ Let's Talk About Brawler's Guild
- ^ Patch 7.1.5 Preview: The Return of the Brawler's Guild
- ^ WarcraftDevs; opinionatedpup 2016-04-22. WarcraftDevs on Twitter. Twitter. Archived from the original on 2016-05-04. Retrieved on 2016-05-04.
- ^ Brawler's guild Season Two
- ^ a b c WoW Source: Patch 5.4 Developer Round Table