Breaching the Sanctum
110 (Requires 110)
Breaching the Sanctum is the final quest in the series for The Nightfallen campaign. While there is a follow-up raid quest after this, it is optional only.
- 1 Objectives
- 2 Description
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Progress
- 5 Completion
- 6 Criteria of
- 7 Notes
- 8 Progression
- 9 Patch changes
- 10 External links
Speak with Oculeth to start the assault.
- Speak with Oculeth
- Enter the portal
- Secure the breach
Take these telemancy orbs. If you find you need support, use them to summon Withered.
We must strike before the enemy can ready new defenses. Let me know when you are ready and we will begin.
We've done it! Despite the initial failures, we are still in position to enter the Breach and free our comrades.
I must commend your knack for overcoming adversity. Take your time gathering your fellow champions, <name>, but don't take TOO long!
- Speak to Oculeth
- It is time. Breach the Sanctum and gain access to the Nighthold!
- I am ready to enter the sanctum.
- Arcanist Valtrois speaks as she begins channeling.
- Arcanist Valtrois says: Very well, I shall begin. When I am finished, all the devices we have "adjusted" will cease working.
- The spell completes and the Shal'Aran portal to the Sanctum of Order disappears as a result.
- Arcanist Valtrois says: It is done. The barrier should be down.
- Chief Telemancer Oculeth says: I will open the portal. The element of surprise will be in your favor!
- Oculeth forms a new portal to the sanctum.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: If anything goes wrong, have your Withered at the ready. Good luck, <name>.
Stage 1: The New Plan
- Find a way into the Sanctum of Order.
It turns out that the portal's exit point was shunted to the Terrace of Order.
- Chief Telemancer Oculeth says: My spell! What just happened?!
- Andaris Narassin yells: You think we didn't notice your skullduggery?! Your old tricks are no match for true sorcery!
- Chief Telemancer Oculeth says: I don't know how they co-opted my spell, it shouldn't be--
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: We have prepared for the possibility of discovery. With the telemancy orbs and the fel-resistant Withered, you have the tools required to secure the breach.
The will summon 5 Fel-Resistant Withered to assist you for a short amount of time. Use them judiciously, as they will attack any mobs nearby regardless of your combat status with them. Head right and take the staircase leading up.
Stage 2: Magic Bars the Way
- Find a weakness to the barrier.
Upon reaching the top of the staircase, a problem is discovered.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: It seems you are unable to enter. Find the power source for that barrier and take it down.
Approach the nearby group of Duskwatch Warcasters to begin the next stage.
Stage 3: Breaking the Barrier
- Shut down mana generators (3)
- Arcanist Valtrois says: There! Those casters are using generators to shield the Sanctum. Eliminate them!
After killing that group to disrupt the first mana generator, head slightly southwest from there to find the second group congregated at the top platform of a staircase. Deal with them and then back up and slightly east to finish off the third group.
Stage 4: The Fall of Dalion
- Kill Dalion.
- Andaris Narassin yells: Training those Withered scum... how distasteful! Dalion, defend the entrance! Slay my foes!
Dalion has a Duskwatch Spellblocker and Duskwatch Bladedancer right in front of him. Kill the spellblocker first, followed by the bladedancer. Avoid Dalion's Arcane Explosion and, if possible, interrupt his spell reflect.
Stage 5: Breaking Through
- Reach the bottom of the Sanctum of Order.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra yells: Now that Andaris's dog is put down, you should have access to the building. Get to the breach!
Stage 6: Finally, Andaris
- Use Withered to Drain Andaris's shield.
You haven't reached the actual bottom of the sanctum yet, but you will get there soon enough.
- Andaris Narassin says: You'll go no further! I'll die before I allow you entrance to the Nighthold!
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: Andaris has made a critical mistake! Her shield is vulnerable to the Withered. Drop some in a safe spot and they will leech the magic in her shield.
At this point a steady stream of shal'dorei mobs will keep coming in groups of two. Instead of backing off, what you need to do is summon your withered where you're at so that they, in turn, can drain Andaris' fel shield. It will be necessary to summon them twice and protect them as the progress bar completes.
- Andaris Narassin yells: More Withered tricks! I shall not fail Elisande! You will fall!
Stage 7: Death to Andaris
- Slay Andaris Narassin.
Having lost her shield, Andaris will make her last stand at the bottom of the sanctum. Finish off any remaining mobs and make your way to her. Interrupt what spells you can and avoid her fel AoE ability. When Andaris casts her shield, have your withered at the ready to drain the shield.
Final Stage: The Nighthold Beckons
- Reach the entrance to the Nighthold
With Andaris dead, the Nightfallen's plans can continue.
- Chief Telemancer Oculeth says: Andaris was the key to their defenses. Telemancy is working inside the Sanctum again. I'm sending Thalyssra and Archmage Khadgar to your location.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra yells: <Name>! Over here!
- The adventurer heads over to the two.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: With her finest arcanist dead, I doubt Elisande will send reinforcements. We have the breach. Follow me.
- Thalyssra, Khadgar, and the adventurer proceed to follow the passageway leading down to the side entrance to the Nighthold.
- First Arcanist Thalyssra says: I can sense the Nightwell from here. Elisande must truly be desperate to overload the Nightwell like this!
- Archmage Khadgar says: Once we break the timelock holding our forces, Gul'dan will fall!
- Archmage Khadgar says: The Withered won't last long in there, <name>. Gather an elite group of champions to fight your way through. I'm sure you're familiar with such tactics! We'll be right behind you, of course.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Added.