|Title||<Godfather of Souls>|
|Level||72 - 82 Elite|
|Occupation||Keeper of souls|
|Location||Forge of Souls, Icecrown Citadel|
Bronjahm <Godfather of Souls> is the first boss of the Forge of Souls in Icecrown Citadel. Bronjahm is the keeper of the souls in the Forge; players must kill him to power down the forges and face the Devourer of Souls.
Also known as the Godfather of Souls, Bronjahm serves Arthas as the foreman of his mightly soul grinder engines. Bronjahm patrols the Forge of Souls to ensure that no interruptions befall the engines' operation.
Bronjahm has served the Cult of the Damned from the early days. Kel'Thuzad himself taught Bronjahm the value of souls and how to grind them down to fuel the engines of the Scourge. He can corrupt the souls of his foes and tear them out piece by piece, making him the ideal guardian for the Lich King's Forge of Souls.
- Magic's Bane — Bronjahm slashes in a circular arc, inflicting 3250 Physical damage to every player plus an additional amount equal to half the target's total mana. Cannot exceed 10,000 total damage.
- Corrupt Soul — Bronjahm attempts to corrupt a portion of a player's soul and separate it from their body. If Corrupt Soul is not dispelled before it expires, a Corrupted Soul Fragment and stuns the player for 2 sec.
- Corrupted Soul Fragment — Corrupted Soul Fragments attempt to move towards Bronjahm. If the Fragment reaches him, he consumes the soul.
- Consume Soul — Bronjahm attempts to consume any Corrupted Soul Fragment that are within 2 yards of him, healing him for (42.9% of Spell power).
- Soulstorm — When Bronjahm reaches 35% health remaining, he teleports to the center of the room and summons a Soulstorm. The swirling vortex of souls inflicts Shadow damage every second to targets over 10 yards away. Players hit by the Soulstorm have their movement speed reduced by 50% for 2.5 sec.
- Shadow Bolt — While Bronjahm is within the Soulstorm he hurls bolts of dark magic at a random player, inflicting Shadow damage.
- Fear — While Bronjahm is within the Soulstorm he strikes fear in a random player for 3 sec.
Bronjahm casts Shadow Bolts at the party and also casts Corrupted Soul, a -like spell that creates a Corrupted Soul Fragment that heals Bronjahm as long as he is within range of it. He can be kited around the room to keep his distance from the fragment while the DPS destroys it. If a player begins getting Corrupted Soul cast on them, it is recommended that he or she run to the side of the platform opposite of the boss in order to maximize the distance the orb will have to travel. Ranged attackers should merely remain on the opposite side of the platform throughout this fight. The Corrupted Soul Fragment can be affected by crowd control techniques like snares and roots.
At about 30%, Bronjahm teleports to the center of the room (where he will remain until defeated) and casts Soulstorm, a swirling magic AoE effect around the edge of the room. All party members are advised to stand in the middle when he teleports to avoid being caught in the Soulstorm. Hunters have to be especially careful as the five yard min range is in a very small ring in the eye itself. He will also fear members of the party into the Soulstorm, which will cause them to take excessive damage and slow their movement speed; healers should keep an eye on feared targets (in the event there is no shaman with a Tremor Totem) to make sure they live through the Soulstorm long enough to make their way back into the center. Switching one trinket before starting this fight with a Medallion of the Alliance or Medallion of the Horde to instantly remove Fear if it is cast on you is a good way to minimize damage taken from the Soulstorm.
- Finally, a captive audience!
- Corrupt Soul
- I will sever the soul from your body!
- The vortex of the harvested calls to you!
- Killing a player
- Another soul to strengthen the host!
- Fodder for the engine.
- Bronjahm's combat sounds (e.g., while attacking, being critically hit) evoke the grunts and shouts often used by James Brown.
- His name (Bronjahm ---> Jahmbron), appearance, vocal clips, title <Godfather of Souls>, loot such as "Papa's Brand New Bag", and the music that plays during the encounter are clear and obvious references to the musician James Brown, who was nicknamed the "Godfather of Soul".
- The music file which plays during Bronjahm's encounter is titled "Bronze Jam," and can be heard here, or with the script /run PlaySoundFile("sound\\music\\zonemusic\\icecrownraid\\ir_BronzeJam.mp3")
- Bronjahm is voiced by Chris Metzen.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added.