Brotherhood of the Horse
|Theater of operations|
This section concerns content exclusive to Warcraft: Orcs & Humans.
The most notable, and only known, member of the Brotherhood was , who became a knight and rose to the position of Armsman. They were well respected throughout the realm, and the tales of their fighting prowess were known far and wide.
Prior to the beginning of the First War, the orcish forces who came through the Dark Portal easily slaughtered the human peasants they encountered. They met their first real opposition in the knights of Stormwind, who defeated the unprepared troops of the Twilight's Hammer clan and the Bleeding Hollow clan during the first siege of Stormwind Keep. The knights then rallied the remaining soldiers to temporarily push the orcs back to the Black Morass, where the orcs escaped by hiding in the Swamp of Sorrows.
Toward the end of the conflict, specifically targeted an encampment near the center of the human lands where knights and other soldiers were sent to train. Most of the knights were killed fighting in the last battles of the war, but took many orcs with them.
The dark fate of the Brotherhood was a grim news to the knights of Lordaeron, who during the Second War sworn to both avenge their fallen brethren and free their homelands from the grip of the Orcish Hordes.
- The tower of Karazhan, home of the sorcerer , contains horse head animal motifs in various ornamentation as a reference to Lothar and the Brotherhood of the Horse.
- The sword is rumored to have belonged to . If that was the case, its name would as such be a reference to the Brotherhood of the Horse.
- was a Stormwindian knight before to become a paladin and as such he was also probably member of the Brotherhood.
- ^ a b Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Alliance Ground Units, Knight
- ^ Warcraft: Orcs & Humans introduction
- ^ a b Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Legends of the Land, Sir Anduin Lothar
- ^ Warcraft: Orcs & Humans manual, Azeroth Army of the First War, Knight
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, The History of Orcish Ascension, The Mastery of Forces - Medivh and Blackhand
- ^ Warcraft: Orcs & Humans manual, The Destiny of the Orcish Hordes
- ^ The Center of the Human Lands (WC1 Orc)
- ^ Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness manual, Ground Units of the Orcish Horde, Death Knight
- ^ New York Times article
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 25