- For the raptor in World of Warcraft, see Butcher. For the sword, see The Butcher.
|Hit point regeneration
|Hit point regeneration rate
|Mana Regeneration rate
||121-130 (125.5 avg)
Butcher was a huge abomination who hid in the recesses of the Black Temple and attacked Kael'thas Sunstrider and Illidan Stormrage's forces. He gave the item Wirt's Other Leg when he died.
Spells and abilities
- Increases this unit's attack rate by 40% and movement speed by 25%.
- Slams the ground, dealing damage to nearby enemy land units and stunning them.
||Area of Effect
|3 (2) sec.
||25 damage, stun.
- Reduces movement speed by 75%, attack rate by 50%, and damage by 50% of a target enemy unit.
- Attacks strike with such force that they damage multiple enemies.
- The radius is 15.
|25% of damage is splash.
True Sight (Passive)
- Reveals nearby invisible units.
- Reduces all attacks on the unit by 12 damage.
- Attacks cannot be reduced below 3 damage.
Permanent Immolation (Passive)
- Burns nearby enemy units in a 22 radius for 10 points of damage per second.
Resistant Skin (Passive)
- Reduces the duration of negative spells and renders the unit immune to certain spells.
- Butcher is a reference to an earlier Blizzard game, Diablo, which had an early boss with the same name and the same introduction sound. The item he drops, "Wirt's Second Leg", is a reference to an NPC in Diablo who would from time to time refer to this boss who, before the events of the game, attacked and severed one of Wirt's legs. Also, Wirt's wooden leg could be found in Diablo II and used to access the Secret Cow Level. Another reference is [Butcher's Bone Apron].