1 - 120 (Requires 1)
CLUCK! is a quest that allows you to obtain , which teaches you how to summon the Westfall Chicken companion. Any chicken critter has a small chance of offering you the quest when you use the
/flap) emote while it is targeted.
The chicken will emote the following whenever the quest is available.
- Chicken looks up at you quizzically. Maybe you should inspect it?
Find some and return to your befriended chicken.
"Cluck... cluck... cluck... BACAW!
Cluck... cluck... cluck."
The chicken looks up at you and then starts to scratch its claws into the ground. You think it is spelling out a word, but you are not sure what it is. Could it be... S-A-L-D-E-A-N? Before you can ask, the chicken turns away and goes about its business.
The chicken stares at you with dark, cold eyes. It waits for you hungrily.
The chicken starts to gobble up the feed you put down.
After a moment, the chicken looks around, startled. It uncomfortably shuffles back and forth. Is this chicken pregnant? You think you better check underneath it.
- 5 XP
- Everyone will be able to loot the egg, even if they haven't done the quest.
- The egg disappears after it is looted. This means that only one character can loot it.
- With patch 3.1.0 this quest is also available to Horde characters.
- Find and target (left click) a chicken. These are found around human settlements. You do not have to do the quest in Westfall.
- Repeatedly use the
/flap) emote while the chicken is targetted. Creating a simple macro helps.
- The chicken will eventually emote "Chicken looks up at you quizzically. Maybe you should inspect it?" At this point, it will turn friendly and offer the CLUCK! quest. You might not see the unless you are tracking Low Level Quests on your minimap. Any nearby character can get the quest for the brief time that the chicken is friendly and offering the quest.
- Quickly accept the quest, then acquire some from Farmer Saldean in Westfall or William Saldean in Brill if you have not done so already.
- Find a chicken (it does not have to be the original one) and
/cheerat it. It will emote "Chicken looks at you expectantly" and let you turn in the quest.
- After you have completed the quest the chicken will lay a Farm Chicken Egg, which you can loot for .
/flap attempt has a low chance to make the chicken responsive. In the ballpark of fifty to one hundred attempts is typical.
Farmer Saldean in Westfall sells the . He is the only Alliance vendor for the feed. The feed is not soulbound and can be mailed to alts or sold in the auction house. William Saldean in Brill sells the Feed for Horde characters.
It is possible to do this quest multiple times, even if you already have the pet, and it is possible to have several lootable Farm Chicken Egg spawned simultaneously by completing the quest multiple times in succession. The Farm Chicken Eggs persist for at least several minutes. You won't derive any particular benefit from extra , but you might do this on behalf of others.
The chicken that spawns the Farm Chicken Egg remains under the egg while the egg is spawned, and does not roam. Looting the egg, causing it to disappear, frees the chicken. If the chicken is killed while it is under the egg, the egg will fade out and disappear, but it can take several seconds.
A macro is strongly recommended for completing this quest in a short amount of time. Creating the above-described macro with 255 lines of /chicken or /flap is the most effective and often allows only doing the macro once before it procs. However, for some users this creates an error or lag which will disconnect them or they will miss the opportunity to accept the quest.
This macro will do the chicken emote 50 times:
- /run for i = 1, 50 do DoEmote("CHICKEN") end