|Former affiliation(s)||Kingdom of Lordaeron|
|Occupation||Champion of the Conclave, Princess of Lordaeron|
|Relative(s)||Terenas (father), Lianne (mother), Arthas (younger brother)|
Princess Calia Menethil is the daughter of King and , and the older sister of . She has blond hair and blue eyes.
HistoryThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
Calia is two years older than her brother and is a friend of . She was very saddened by the fact that her father forced her in an arranged marriage with and wished that Arthas would choose his wife and princess by heart. The mysterious noble who was to replace the treacherous Lord as the ruler of Alterac disappeared before any final arrangements were made and Dalaran's mages commented that the betrothal dwindled away. She then participated in Arthas' ceremony of becoming a member of the Knights of the Silver Hand in Stormwind City.
At some point she evaded the Scourge, having supposedly hidden in a muddy trench for two days to avoid slavering ghouls as they prowled for her.
LegionThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Calia reappears as a companion of the now undead and is initially met at Faol's Rest, having apparently at some point become a priest. As a member of the Conclave, Calia traveled to the Netherlight Temple and later became a champion of the High Priest.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Tirisfal Glades||98 - 110||4,157,070|
|Netherlight Temple||100 - 110||396,188|
|The Exodar||100 - 110||874,300|
QuestsThe subject of this section did not make it out of the beta stages of Legion.
QuotesThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- Well met, <name>. It's an honor to serve at your side. I'm happy to help in any way I can.
- It's just Calia now.
- How can I assist you?
- I stand ready to help.
- Sometimes I miss the beautiful court of Lordaeron and my father.
- I once hid in a muddy ditch for two days while slavering ghouls patrolled the area. Your prattle does not phase me.
- Terenas would have had you throw out of here faster than he did !
- Walk in the light.
- Let's talk again soon.
- Being two years older than Arthas (who was born in year -4), Calia was born in year -6. She should be 38 or so during the Burning Legion's third invasion of Azeroth.
- Before finally making her return, she was theorized by some fans for many years to be of SI:7. This was assuming either she married someone named Hastings, assumed a new surname in exile, or took her mother's surname.
- In the Legion beta, she would say in that she has renounced her claim to the throne of Lordaeron, declaring it a lost kingdom.
- This quest, along with any other mention of Lordaeron from her, has since been removed. As such, it is unknown what her stance on the kingdom is now. However, one of her click-quotes is still "It's just Calia now".
Feelings for Daval Prestor
In the novel Arthas: Rise of the Lich King Calia was greatly disturbed to the point of hysterical over her arranged marriage to Prestor, and even had a heated argument with her father, Terenas Menethil II over it. Her coin in the Dalaran Fountain expresses her desire to be noticed by him, however.
It is possible that it was merely an error on the developers' part. Another possibility was that Daval Prestor (Deathwing) placed an enchantment on her when he realized her objection to be married to him. He had already done this to the kings of the Alliance in Day of the Dragon to make them fond of him, so there is precedent. When Deathwing was weakened and went into hiding after the battle with his former fellow Aspects, the enchantment was lifted. Furthermore, the novel also mentioned that Terenas at one point started to suspect him.
Forsaken captiveThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
- The release of the RPG Horde Player's Guide subtly implied a different plotline for Calia. In one of many short stories, a paladin by the name of Andarin tries to infiltrate the Undercity to free prisoners. To his shame, he is quickly discovered by a fallen priest named . The undead makes him 'an offer he can't refuse': in turn for helping Andarin, Andarin must help Trevor free some of the Argent Dawn's prisoners. The paladin ponders the situation but finally agrees, together they descend into the city. After having fought some guards and abominations, the strange duo decides fighting the prison guards will not work and comes up with a plan: Andarin will distract the guards, and Trevor will free the prisoners. Knowing that he has no other choice, the paladin agrees. Trevor quickly manages to get a hold of a keyring and opens the door of a cell in which a girl was locked up. The girl recognizes the Forsaken and is shocked, but Trevor simply bows, saying "Good evening, my princess."
- The background of Trevor showed some similarities with the one Alonsus Faol himself was later given at the time of Legion.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.