Call of Duty (Alliance)
81 (Requires 80)
+250 Earthen Ring
Ride the mercenary ship to battle.
- Ride the mercenary ship to Vashj'ir.
As you may have heard, the Horde's attacking just offshore. The fighting's been fierce and relentless.
We need every able body out there repelling the enemy!
Report to the northernmost dock at once for transport to the battle.
Oh, and our official warships are... er, a bit late in their scheduled return. Don't worry though, we've commissioned mercenary vessels to serve in the meantime.
Hurry along now, <class>. Stormwind needs you!
Not exactly the battle you anticipated, I'll wager. But a battle nonetheless, as you shall soon see...
Accepting the quest instantly puts the player in a new phase in the harbor. Head to the dock where normally The Kraken takes players to Borean Tundra. While in the new phase, the rest of the harbor NPCs disappear and a few sets of Stormwind recruits and soldiers make their way to join you at the end of the dock. They take up spots around the dock together and talk while waiting for the ship:
- Stormwind Recruit 1 says: Why must we ride to battle on a mercenary ship? Use to be that we'd kill pirates as soon as look at them.
- The Soldier points at the other docks to the south.
- Stormwind Soldier 1 says: See those ships in dock?
- Stormwind Soldier 1 says: They're the only ones that have returned from battle, and they're being repaired.
- Stormwind Soldier 1 says: I don't like it either, but it boils down to this...
- Stormwind Soldier 1 says: We pay the mercs to get us out there or our troops get no reinforcements.
- Stormwind Recruit 1 says: That makes sense, I suppose. Just doesn't feel right...
- Stormwind Soldier 1 says: Welcome to the military, recruit.
- Stormwind Recruit 2 says: Earthquakes every other day, a crazy dragon tearing up the world, what's next?
- Stormwind Soldier 2 says: Put all that out of your head, recruit.
- Stormwind Soldier 2 says: I've been fightin' Horde for ten years now, and I've never seen it worse than this.
- Stormwind Soldier 2 says: Just stay focused on the battle in front of us, or you won't live to worry about the rest.
- Stormwind Recruit 2 says: Yessir.
- Stormwind Soldier 3 says: I stopped by the park district on the way here. There's nothing left of it...
- Stormwind Soldier 4 says: Aye. I was here when the dragon attacked.
- Stormwind Soldier 4 says: He could've destroyed the entire city if he willed it. We were helpless to stop him.
- Stormwind Soldier 3 says: What drove him off, then?
- Stormwind Soldier 4 says: No idea. It made no sense...
- Stormwind Soldier 4 says: He flew in, torched the park, then just flew off.
- Stormwind Soldier 4 says: If you ask me, the beast is insane.
- Stormwind Soldier 2 says: I think I can just make it out from here. Right on the edge of the horizon.
- Stormwind Recruit 2 says: Make out what, exactly?
- Stormwind Soldier 2 says: The new island - just surfaced after the last earthquakes.
- Stormwind Soldier 2 says: It's what we're fighting for - on this front, at least.
- Stormwind Recruit 2 says: Have you been there?
- Captain Taylor appears walking toward the end of the dock.
- Stormwind Soldier 2 says: This'll be my third time now.
- Stormwind Soldier 2 says: Toughest fighting I've seen...
- Stormwind Soldier 2 says: We lose that island to the Horde and Stormwind's as good as gone... and they know it.
- Captain Taylor says: That's enough, soldier.
- The troops all turn and salute the captain.
- Captain Taylor says: Now, get your mind right! We'll be killing orcs within the hour.
- The recruit turns back to the ocean and strains his eyes.
- Stormwind Recruit 2 says: Yeah, I... I think I can see it too.
- Captain Taylor yells: Listen up! Our transport should be here momentarily.
- Captain Taylor yells: Fall in!
- The mercenary ship sails in from the distance as the troops hussle and line up in single file.
- The mercenary ship pulls into dock.
- Captain Taylor yells: Alright, men! Move out!
- The troops walk aboard and spread out across the deck.
- Mack Fearsen yells: Come aboard, now. Step on up!
- Mack Fearsen yells: Cap'n Samir is navigatin' this here ship non-stop to that there ocean over yonder...
- Mack Fearsen yells: ...where we'll commence to assistin' the Alliance in their little skirmish with them Horde fellers.
- Mack Fearsen yells: Easy money! Commission's to be dispersed evenly among any and all survivors!
- The ship sets sail.
- Budd yells: Ahoy!
- Budd Nedreck happily runs back and forth across the deck.
- Budd yells: I'm saaaailing!
- Mack Fearsen says: Don't pay Budd no nevermind... poor fella's got a few screws missin'.
- Budd says: Out on a boat... way far away from the dock...
- Budd says: Into the wind with the sky and everything...
- Budd says: Oooh... shiny!
- Budd jumps overboard!
- Adarrah yells: Budd! Noooo!
- Adarrah cries.
- Mack Fearsen says: Aww, Budd. Now what'd ya go an' do that for?
- Captain Taylor says: Civillians...
- Captain Tailor yells: Fall in, men!
- The troops take formation in front of him.
- Captain Taylor says: That island on the horizon is our destination.
- Captain Taylor says: It's where we will do our duty, for our king, for Stormwind and for her people...
- Captain Taylor says: Every orc you slay today will bring honor to them, and to every soldier who has come before you.
- Captain Taylor says: Hellscream has sent his best to take this island. We shall see to it that none return home...
- Captain Taylor says: Today Hellscream shall learn the lesson that Thrall failed to teach him...
- Captain Taylor says: Stormwind will never fall!
- The soldiers and recruits start cheering.
- Captain Taylor says: Now make ready. For soon we'll be ashore.
- The ship closes on Seafarer's Tomb in the Kelp'thar Forest. Off in the distance is Legion's Fate, as well.
- Adarrah yells: Captain! Shipwreck off the starboard bow! There appear to be survivors!
- The ship stops beside an overturned ship, people standing on the hull. As the crew look at the shipwreck, tentacles appear and knock the survivors into the water. Then, the tentacles disappear into the water and come up around the mercenary ship...
- Mack Fearson says: What the... ?
- The NPCs start panicking, running about the deck and screaming, but there's nowhere to go. Some decide to take their chances and jump overboard. As others are grabbed and flung into the ocean, one tentacle on the port side grabs the player and violently whips the player about for several seconds, then throws the player at high speed over the ship and into the water. Stunned and disoriented, the player starts sinking and begins running out of breath. Looking up, he/she will see the owner of the tentacles, a giant kraken of unimaginable size, attacking the ship. There are Zin'jatar Raiders zipping through the water and they're attacking the other passengers who are in the same situation. One naga begins to attack the player, but a Broken shaman shows up.
- Erunak Stonespeaker says: To the depths with you, beast!
- Erunak casts a fire spell and obliterates the naga.
- Erunak Stonespeaker says: Hold on, <race>!
- Erunak casts a bubble spell that lets the player breathe, then the player loses consciousness and the screen fades to black. The player then awakes in an overturned ship, The Briny Cutter.
- Erunak Stonespeaker says: Relax, friend. You have not passed away... yet. Sadly, these others cannot say the same.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Accepting this quest now teleports you directly to Erunak Stonespeaker in the Briny Cutter.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.