Canals (Stormwind City)
The Canals of Stormwind City, located in the Canal District, are a series of waterways that wind their way through the city, separating each of its various districts. While these canals are mostly used for thoroughfare, they do house a few shops overlooking the marble pathways and docks, and it is a popular area for fishermen to spend time hauling small catches. The Canals also house the infamous Stockade.
The Canals are accessible from every single district in Stormwind, and is indeed quite hard to not cross at one point while staying in Stormwind.
Adventurers should be wary of falling in the canals, as there have been reports of a giant albino crocolisk roaming them.
Points of interest
- The Scribe of Stormwind ( Inscription trainer)
- Cordell's Enchanting ( Enchanting trainer; Arcane Reforger)
- Gallina Winery
- Canal Tailor and Fit Shop
- Denman Family Jewelers ( Jewelcrafting trainer)
- Fragrant Flowers
Excludes the above areas.
- Near the Stormwind Harbor
- Near the former Park
- Near The Stockade
- Building next door to the Scribe of Stormwind
- Dock near the Gallina Winery
- Dock near the Denman Family Jewelers
- Walking the canals around the Trade District
- Craggle Wobbletop <Toys and Novelties>
- The reason for why Stormwind has canals that players can get in and out of is because the city was originally planned to feature gondolas that would allow player characters to quickly travel from one city district to another.
- Since the canals became halfway filled in to the waterline in Cataclysm, it's now shallow enough that taller races can use a drake mount or elekk mount to ride above water, while shorter races without flying would have to use mammoth mounts.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Redesign with new thoroughfares, new NPCs, and new shops. Canals now halfway filled in with mud/silt, along with occasional reeds and lost debris.
- ^ MMO-Champion 2018-09-24. John Staats Interview - The World of Warcraft Diary (1:16:10). YouTube. Retrieved on 2018-09-24.