|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Shattered Sun Offensive|
|Location||Parhelion Plaza, Sunwell Plateau|
The following conversation can be had with Selana:
- I'm glad you are here, <class>. The military situation in the Sunwell Plateau is rather grim.
Give me a situation report, Captain.
- The Shattered Sun Offensive has made great progress in the outer areas of the Isle of Quel'Danas. Kil'jaeden's forces are being pushed back, and in the chaos I was able to lead a small scouting force here inside the Sunwell Plateau. My troops proceeded through Parhelion Plaza, spotted a group of Sunblade elves, and we engaged the enemy. That fight quickly turned into a disaster.
What went wrong?
- Kil'jaeden's defenders here on the Sunwell Plateau are much stronger than anything we faced on the Island. The Legion have even twisted our Arcane Guardian technology with fel energy to create something much more sinister. Just one of those Sunblade Protectors decimated my troops, and I ordered a swift retreat. I expected my squad to be pushed completely off the plateau, but the enemy surprised me by calling off the pursuit.
Why did they stop?
- I don't know, but I'm glad they did. The respite has allowed Anchorite Elbadon to save many of the men and women under my command. I've sent a few of my stealthiest scouts forward and they're reported back something interesting. Nearly all of the Sunblade Protectors are powered down! Kil'jaeden's forces appear to be conserving their energy, and seem content to merely contain us with one active Protector. If you and your companions want to force your way inside, allow me to suggest a plan of attack.
- Take advantage of their deactivated Sunblade Protectors. If one of their Sunblade Scouts spot you, I'm sure the elf will try to reactivate a nearby Sunwell Protector. Kill him quickly to prevent this. With the blood elves eliminated, as long as you do not trigger the Protector's proximity sensors you should be able to move past them without a fight. That will save you both time and resources.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Added.