|Level||68 - 72 Elite|
|Mana||29,910 - 33,090|
|Location||Outside Durnholde Keep, in Old Hillsbrad Foothills|
He's voiced by Jamieson Price.
Fiercely loyal to Aedelas Blackmoore, Captain Skarloc rose through the ranks of the Durnholde military alongside his friend Aliden Perenolde. When Aliden decided to take up operations in the Alterac Mountains, Skarloc stayed with his Lord and mentor. He became Aedelas's most trusted comrade and advisor, earning the title Blackmoore's Spear.
- Hammer of Justice — Captain Skarloc stuns a player for 5 sec.
- Holy Shield — Captain Skarloc infuses his shield with holy energy, increasing his chance to block by 75% for 8 sec and inflicting Holy damage each time he blocks.
- Cleanse — Captain Skarloc cleanses an ally, removing 1 poison effect, 1 disease effect, and 1 magic effect.
- Devotion Aura — Captain Skarloc grants additional armor to all allies within 0 yards.
- Holy Light — Captain Skarloc calls upon Holy magic to heal an ally.
- Consecration — Captain Skarloc consecrates the land beneath him, inflicting Holy damage to all players that enter the area for 20 sec.
- Heal — Durnholde Warden calls upon Holy magic to heal an ally.
- Shadow Word: Pain — Durnholde Warden utters a word of darkness, inflicting Shadow damage to a player every 3 seconds for 15 sec.
- Psychic Scream — Dunholde Warden lets out a psychic scream, causing all players within 0 yards to flee for 4 sec.
- Dispel Magic — Durnholde Warden dispells magic on an ally, removing 1 harmful spell.
- Kidney Shot — Durnholde Veteran stuns a player for 4 sec.
- Sinister Strike — Durnholde Veteran inflicts Physical damage to a player.
- Backstab — Durnholde Veteran inflicts bonus Physical damage when attacking players from behind.
Skarloc comes with two adds: a Warden (healer) and a Veteran (rogue). These are mobs you have already killed around the Keep, and should be familiar. While tanking Skarloc, kill the healer as soon as possible, preferably stunning every heal he tries to do. After that, take on the warrior, and finish Skarloc after that. Skarloc doesn't hit extremely hard - but he can take a lot of hits, so Counterspell him where possible. He is immune to Curse of Tongues, but the other two can be feared out of the fight.
Fear works particularly well in this fight. There is ample room to fear kite one or both of Skarloc's adds, and the only enemies in range to aggro are mid 20's beasts that are native to the area. A single warlock can easily down Skarloc's healer and keep it from doing anything besides running for the entire fight. Then the warlock can dispense with the warrior add, all the while leaving the other four to focus directly on Skarloc.
Note to above: Your tank should easily be able to pick up Skarloc and the veteran, usually the one on the left (facing him). If the rest of the group focuses on the Warden, you should be able to down him within a matter of seconds, move to the next add, then down Skarloc.
Alternative Strategy: Skarloc has a fairly limited range on his heals. If a class is able to OT temporarily (rogue evasion/Cloak of shadows, hunter & warlock pets etc.), pull his adds outside this healing range. By doing this you are able to either kill or CC them both without Skarloc healing or decursing them. Healers should stand between the MT and the DPS group. Once both adds are dealt with, DPS should be able to go all out on Skarloc as the tank would have generated enough threat to hold him.
- Thrall says: A rider approaches.
- Captain Skarloc says: Thrall! You didn't really think you would escape did you? You and your allies shall answer to Blackmoore - after I've had my fun!
- Killing a player
- Thrall will never be free!
- Did you really think you would leave here alive?
- Guards... Guards!
- Unused quotes
- Captain Skarloc says: You're a slave. That's all you'll ever be.
- Captain Skarloc says: I don't know what Blackmoore sees in you. For my money, you're just another ignorant savage!
- Thrall says: I'll never be chained again!
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.