Capture the Flag
Capture the Flag is a generic term for any type of battle that involves moving a flag from its starting position to a home position ("capture" or "cap") to score points. Variants of "capture the flag" used in World of Warcraft are found in the Warsong Gulch, Twin Peaks, and Eye of the Storm battlegrounds.
Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks
Capture the Flag as found in Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks works as follows. For further details and strategies for this type of battleground, see the Warsong Gulch Overview.
- Find the flag to capture and right-click the flag. This attaches the flag to you and you become the flag bearer.
- Take the flag back to your base.
- Every member of the other side who can see the bearer is trying to kill the bearer.
- If the bearer is killed, they drop the flag on that spot of ground.
- If a member of the bearer's team grabs the flag, they become the new bearer.
- If a member of the flag's team grabs it, the flag teleports back to its stand.
- If no-one picks ups the flag in 5 seconds, it will automatically return itself.
- Your flag must be on its stand in order to be able to capture the enemy flag.
- Any ability or spell that provides complete immunity should cause the flag to drop.
- If you use stealth or attempt to get on a mount you will drop the flag.
Your team has 2 competing goals.
- Keep your flag on its stand (Warsong Gulch and Twin Peaks), or take the flag before the enemy can (Eye of the Storm).
- Bring the flag to your flag stand.
Eye of the Storm
Eye of the Storm's version of Capture the Flag has some differences:
- There is only 1 flag
- It takes 8 seconds to pick-up the flag from its base. Any damage or actions taken in this time will interrupt the process
- Enemies and teammates alike can pick-up the flag if it is dropped
- The flag can be returned to any of the 4 towers your side currently controls, and the more towers your side controls, the more points you gain by capturing the flag