|Location||Silverpine Forest; Southshore, Old Hillsbrad Foothills|
Caretaker Smithers was a human standing around outside the graveyard close to Southshore, until he fled with the others when the Forsaken destroyed the town. Smithers and the other Southshore townsfolk traveled to Fenris Keep where they were convinced that the only way to avoid becoming part of the undead was to become a worgen. Ultimately, he is killed at Olsen's Farthing when he tried to ambush the Forsaken adventurer.
Caverns of Time
He is found in Southshore in Old Hillsbrad Foothills, although he seems to be working on a farm and very unsatisfied with his job. During this time, he often fell asleep on the job. He hopes for the day that the farm becomes a large graveyard and that everyone he hates is buried there. Between then and the present day, he has swapped his pitchfork for a large shovel.
- I hate this place and everyone in it! Smithers do this! Smithers do that! Oh so I'm a farmer now, eh? So I'm going to have to harvest stuff, eh? I hope one day this whole place becomes one big graveyard and all the loud-mouths are buried right damned here!
- Shovel meet head!
- Come to die, have you?
- Frenzy - Increases the caster's attack speed by 100% for 6 sec.
- Lantern Blaze - Deals Fire damage to all enemies within the blaze. Lasts 6 sec.
- Throw Lantern - Hurls a lantern at an enemy, inflicting Fire damage and creating a burning blaze beneath the target's feet.
- Though he was removed from the open-world Hillsbrad Foothills, he can still be seen in Southshore vs Tarren Mill.
- Caretaker Smithers is probably a reference to Waylon Smithers, the assistant and caretaker of Mr. Burns from The Simpsons.
- While Darius Crowley and Ivar Bloodfang did use him as a pawn to lure the Forsaken into a trap, it is unknown if Smithers was a clueless pawn or was aware and followed the plan to the letter.
- He might be related to Councilman Smithers.