- For the critter, see Cat (critter).
Cats are carnivorous predators that usually hunt by sneaking up on their prey to pounce upon it. They vary in size from a few pounds to several hundred pounds, and most wild felines can kill prey considerably larger than themselves. Only a few species of cat are strong swimmers. Smaller cats also appear in the World of Warcraft, they are domesticated felines, often called house cats, and are a delicacy to murlocs.
A type of large cat called a saber is also the night elf racial mount.
Tigon, tol'vir and saberon are cat-like humanoids.
This section contains information from the Warcraft RPG which is considered non-canon.
- Main article: Saber mounts
The saber mounts are bought in Darnassus and in the Argent Tournament except for the Wintersaber, Zulian Tiger and Spectral Tiger.
As a Hunter pet
- Their appealing looks, commonness throughout the game, and variety make them a popular choice. Their [Prowl] ability works well with a night elf hunter's [Shadowmeld]. They also hold the honor of being the only Hunter pet to have two unique pet abilities, rather than the usual one.
- Rake replaced by [Roar of Courage].
- Damage had a +10% bonus and now has +5% bonus.
Armor had no bonus and now has a +5% bonus.
- [Bite] ability removed.
Health had a -2% penalty and now has +5% bonus.