- Druids always land on their feet.
- Cat Form has an arsenal of difficult-to-remove physical DoTs which can be used to tear casters apart in PvP.
- In Cat Form, your base attack speed changes to 1.0, and your weapon damage is normalized so that its DPS stays the same.
- In addition to , Cat Form druids can also learn , making them perfect for PvP ambushes.
- Speed increase does not stack with that of .
- When a druid shapeshifts into a mighty cat, they are composed of specific categories of feline. For example, the night elven cat form closely resembles a panther, while the troll cat form seems to be a tiger by the stripes on its coat which fits the troll's jungle setting. Both the worgen and the tauren's cat form is a lion, recognized by their manes.
- Tauren cat forms retain their horns/antlers, and troll forms retain their tusks.
- Each race has a distinct model for its Cat Forms, and there are five different textures for each model. These textures correspond to the skin tone of Tauren druids, or the hair color of the other races. Druids can change their design at any time by visiting a barbershop and choosing a new skin tone or hair color as appropriate for their race. Since there are more hair colors and skin tones than unique textures, some colors and tones will produce the same designs. The hair and skin colors chosen will, in most cases, correspond to the colors seen in the design of each form.
For Artifact weapon appearances see Fangs of Ashamane
ability usable in Suramar City also changes Cat Form to look like a manasaber.
- Old models
Night elf Cat Forms, including the original (seen at the bottom right) that was used prior to patch 3.2.
Tauren Cat Forms, including the original (seen at the bottom middle) that was used prior to patch 3.2.
Troll Cat Forms.
Worgen Cat Forms.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 8 (was 1).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Another model update.
- Hotfix (2015-06-30): "Fixed a bug that was preventing Balance and Restoration Druids from gaining attack power from Intellect in Bear Form or Cat Form."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now 7.4% of base mana. No longer causes Agility to increase attack power, or autoattack damage to be increased by 100%. Energy regeneration no longer continues outside of Cat Form. Cat Form now naturally includes and . Movement speed increased to 30% (up from 25%).
- Patch 5.4.8 (2014-05-20): Resolved an issue where Cat Form's movement speed bonus was stacking incorrectly with warrior's .
- Patch 5.0.5 (2012-09-11): The 25% speed increase granted by Cat Form should no longer stack with the speed increase of Dash.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Available at level 6 and increases movement speed by 25%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Available at level 8 for 3 70.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
- New textures for cat models, adjustable at the barbershop.
- Mana energizes that occur while in this form will now appear in the combat log and floating combat text.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): The mana regeneration penalty when in , , and Cat Form has been removed.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): This form now has an innate threat reduction component.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): The attack power bonus from the base Cat Form will now calculate correctly on zoning or logging in.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22):
- The base weapon damage of the form has been increased.
- Each point of agility now adds 1 attack power.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12):
- Shapeshifting will now counteract the slowing effects of frost-based spells (Frostbolt, Frost Shock, Cone of Cold, etc.).
- Druid shapeshift form buttons are no longer dimmed while under the effects of Polymorph.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Shapeshifting into an animal form will now remove Polymorph effects.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): DPS increase at levels 40-60.
- Patch 0.12 (2004-10-11):
- Shapeshifting now breaks roots, snares, and freeze effects.
- Shapeshift forms now include an immunity to polymorph effects.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17):
- Now considered a beast in Cat Form.
- Shapeshifting will no longer cancel all buffs on the Druid.
- Shapeshifting cooldown reduced from 10 to 1.5 seconds.
- Druids now regenerate mana while in shape shift form.
- Cat Form mana cost slightly reduced, energy now starts generating immediately.